PDA

View Full Version : Bold as brass

Sax
03-07-05, 08:01
[:I] Hello guys,

[8)] I know I've met some of you in the chat room which I launched straight into without posting, so I thought I'd better recify this and not be so forward. It is anything like me but I followed the chat room link before seeing all the forum, sorry [:I]

Anway, I'm Sax age 34 and female. I have three young boys and have recently been diagnosed with depression which seems to have crept up on me because I didn't realise I was depressed. I am now on anti Ds and have been referred for counselling.

Also around the time of gettting to my lowest moment I had an anxiety/panic attack which now seem to be increasing. I have never suffered with these before. As you can see this is all pretty new to me and I am having trouble admitting all this to myself. :(

I hope to meet lots of you soon and thank you especially to South and Sam for talking me through my panic last night. You are very patient and kind.

Hope to be able to support others in the future

Sax xx

josiepickle
03-07-05, 08:18
Hi Sax

Hope your feeling a bit better this morning.

The site will help you understand a bit more about what is happening.

Jo

Karen
03-07-05, 10:40
Hi Sax

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
03-07-05, 11:11
Hiya Sax

Welcome to the site. I hope it helps you to understand your problems more. It has me

love:D:D:D

MANDIE XX

Mcched
03-07-05, 12:23
Hi Sax

Welcome, you'll find great support here!!!

Nikki

bluebottle
03-07-05, 12:24
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">As you can see this is all pretty new to me and I am having trouble admitting all this to myself.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I'd say your doing very well, you've faced it, your getting treatment, and you've posted on the forum about it. Well done.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

henri
03-07-05, 13:12
Hi Sax,
Welcome to the forum. This site has so much information, by the end of it you will understand so much about what is happening to you, both mentally and physically.
Hope to catch you in chat soon!
Henri

nomorepanic
03-07-05, 14:15
Hi Sax

We met in chat last night. Sorry to hear that you were having a bad time last night and I am pleased that we were able to support you through it.

There is no correct order for doing anything on this site so it doesn't matter that you went straight to chat. We just pointed you to the forum as we knew that you would get loads of help here.

Have a read of this page on the website as that may help you ..

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

Good to have you on board anyway.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

psycho2000
03-07-05, 15:49
Hiya Sax,

How are you doing today girl :D ? Hope you're feeling much better today. Very nice talking to you last night. Hope to see you again tonite maybe.

If you want to, add me in MSN, I'm online most of the time, though sometimes may be sleeping lol or out. If u're feeling low, we can have a chat.

Take care,
Sam.

One day, one day I will beat u and that day, I will be free again, as I was before...

pips
03-07-05, 16:00
Hi Sax,

A BIG warm welcome to the forum. Hope it helps you on your road to recovery hun.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

seh1980
03-07-05, 17:16
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
03-07-05, 18:37
Welcome Sax - glad you found the chat room

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
03-07-05, 22:28
Hi Sax

Welcome to the site and i am so pleased that you have found the chat room as a great support.

It is horrible when the illness first starts as it hits you and suddenly we are grasping for answers. We are all here to support you and however i can help i will.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Sax
04-07-05, 10:28
Thank you all for the welcome.

Blue - thank you too for saying I've done well, faced it etc. but it doesn't feel like I'm facing it when I am so unmotivated, only do the necessary (if that sometimes) and just hide away on the pc hoping to feel better tomorrow!!!
I have asked for help I suppose which took a hell of a lot but now I need to admit to myself a few things!

I am trying, but not suceeding - hopefully soon....

Sax

chucklehound
04-07-05, 10:51
Hi Sax

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you are feeling better soon...

Thankyou for the advice earlier

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

Meg
04-07-05, 13:56
Sax- give yourself credit for what you have done and will do and try to try to look forward not backwards.

What are you doing to help yourself move in the right direction ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Cinders4
04-07-05, 14:21
Hi Sax I wish Id found support like this site offers years ago, it really does help.

Welcome to the site xx

Sax
04-07-05, 15:26
Meg - I'm hiding from it so nothing to move forward!!!!!

I have at least spoken to people on email about it which I never did before - always bottled things up before. Still can't say the words out loud but I have at least told some friends on email!!! If I'm honest though the only people i've told either have been or are depressed themselves therefore I know they understand.

Meg
04-07-05, 16:15
Thats a first step .. We all started somewhere with our issues.

Sax
05-07-05, 07:47
Feels like its going to be a very long road - can't really see the way yet! Doesn't quite feel real and doesn't feel possible to overcome! I feel its all too worrying and scary and I am frightened of facing it! I don't know why because as I'm told its an illness which can be overcome, its just I don't want to admit that this includes me with it - I shouldn't be depressed, makes me feel very weak!

clickaway
05-07-05, 11:07
Hi Sax and welcome to the site.

Its a long road and yeah, its difficult to see the signs that you are on your way, but believe me, you are!

You will get there, and I feel that the good people here will give you a HUGE push in that direction.

Being Bold as Brass is no bad thing :D

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

zena
05-07-05, 12:34
Hi Sax,

Welcome to the site honey.

You shouldn't feel weak because you are depreesed, at least you have owned upto the fact that you are, that makes you a strong person in my books.

I agree with Ray it is a long road...but...the people on this site are so good at giving one and another support, advise and sometimes a good kick up the bum when needed. I only wished I found this site and forum years ago.

Look forward honey and not backwards, easy to say and hard to do I know, but have the feeling you will get there.
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

Piglet
05-07-05, 12:35
Hi Sax

Welcome to the site.

Although I don't get in the chatroom as often as I'd like (competing with teenagers at home who want to be on msn) I hope to chat to you in there sometime.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.