PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks, how long do yours last?

rocklover
04-01-09, 18:51
I tend to find, that although the "main" event doesn't last more than half an hour, I do find that afterwards I feel tense and on edge for the rest of the day. On days I have a PA I constantly feel jittery and it feels like another attack is just about to happen. Is this normal?

I could cope with having a PA for half an hour if I knew I would feel ok after, but I never do. Has anyone who has experienced this managed to combat it?

EmmaJane
04-01-09, 18:55
A panic attack will last me no more than half hour, but I do suffer days after with extreme tiredness

chelle_82
04-01-09, 21:22
Hi Rock Lover,

Just seen your post and this is something that worried me before too.
My PAs can last anything from 10mins to over an hour. Even after this time I still have the shakes/palpitations/red face and nausea but to the point where no one else would notice except me.
Also for about a day or so after the PA I am physically exhausted and all sore.
I feel like I've ran a marathon after a PA.
not that I ever would run one- I'm not that daft!! :roflmao:
My doctor said to me that you have to remember that during a PA your body releases days or even wks worth of adrenalin so it's going to be tired afterwards. It's similar to having a fit.

Hope this helps a bit.
Take Care
Love
Chelle xx

rocklover
04-01-09, 22:38
I didn't realise that amount of adrenaline was released at a time! Thanks for that info, makes things more understandable. I managed to turn around a PA yesterday and the negative sensations became positive, yet today (because I didn't sleep well and had a dodgy tummy) I have crashed back down into panic and anxiety.

It's so hard thinking positive, as I felt dreadful and jittery all day.