PDA

View Full Version : Afraid going to work tommorow

Dublin_Man
04-01-09, 23:43
all started with me getting flu on xmas day and being house bound for a week and wasting my whole holiday time in bed or in house

ive been out the past 3 days , but for an hour to my mothers and having to leave because i was anxious

now work tommorow and im trying to stay up later and later just so its further away

i know its completely irrational as ive been working 8.5 years in same job with anxiety and nothing has ever happened

i think its the making excuses if i cant stay there part

anybody esle get this and what u do ????????

i know after first few days i'll be grand , im worrying over nothing and getting myself into a state

mummy4
05-01-09, 00:12
oh bless you :hugs:is it your first day back at work tomorrow since xmas holidays?
my hubby goes back tomorrow after almost 2 weeks off and me being the one with anxiety am totally dreading it and thats why im still awake now just want the night to go so slow.
im sorry i cant offer any advice but the only thing i will say is sometimes it seems the thought is worse than the actual event xx

dmckinney
05-01-09, 00:21
I have been out of work for a month due to PA and I will be returning to work tomorrow as well. How about we pray for each other? I pray that God will surround you tomorrow and comfort you and make all days full of blessings and keep you in good health Amen.

Dublin_Man
05-01-09, 00:28
see i do the accounts and payroll in my job so its not like theres anybody else to cover what i do

i'll be grand

im making a mountain out of a molehile , always the same after a while out

you'll be grand , just remember aticipation is worse than the event itself

HeatherMc
05-01-09, 07:54
I know am due back at work after 12 weeks off absolutely terrified, have been awake most of the night worrying, hence I am on here 20 mins to go before I leave for the bus, don't know whether I can do it etc the what ifs have set in and I am working myself up already, don't want to face all the people whom will be nice to my face then moan about me behind my back you wouldn't think I worked in a hospital!
Its nice to know that I am not the only one worried today

Heather

Reggie
05-01-09, 08:53
I can completely relate to what you say about making excuses "if" you had to leave. I have this all the time - I panic about the possibility of having a panic attack.

Also you're right, the anticipation is worse than the event - hope it you have a good day.

Kazza699
07-01-09, 11:23
I'm so relieved to read this thread as I really thought I was alone with this feeling. I had a big panic attack in work a couple of weeks before Christmas. I work in a Dr's surgery (only been there 6 months & been off a lot!), and even though I was clearly in a state my fellow receptionist moaned that she would have to stay late as I was ill, and the practice nurse just ignored me! I haven't been back in since.
Was due in today, but got so worked up that I have phoned in sick again, and now my boss is annoyed that I told him yesterday I'd be back. Have made Dr's appointment for tomorrow. Along with my other condition (fibromyalgia and CFS) I'm starting to wish my Dr would just sign me off as unfit for work so I can claim benefits til I get myself sorted. This has been going on for so long, and I've really been trying to hold down a job but it ain't working well.
Hope work was ok for you anyway...x

sunshine-lady
07-01-09, 11:47
Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at the moment. Sending you :hugs: and hope things get easier.

xxx

Dublin_Man
07-01-09, 11:50
well im in work and as i expected the anticipation was worse than panic

dying with this poxy flue tho so it doesnt help

Deli
07-01-09, 22:12
oh my god Kazza you explained everything im going thru, its so hard to hold down a job with this illness, im running out of excuses for being off now :-(

sunshine-lady
08-01-09, 16:04
Well done going back to work!

Oh no, the dreaded man flu! :hugs:

Budgie
10-01-09, 23:46
I can relate, too. :blush:

I always find Sunday nights I hardly sleep a wink :scared15: Then on Mondays I feel like a wreck all day. I thought at first it was something to expect, as I've only been in my job since November, but I seem to be getting worse, not better, as now my "Sunday Syndrome" is extending to other days of the week :unsure:

I'm scared of taking time off work because I'd get into more of a state. I wanted so much to stay at home yesterday as I felt so tired from not sleeping well all week but I'd have felt so guilty ontop of everything else!