PDA

View Full Version : breathing and cold weather

redballoons
05-01-09, 12:58
In the cold weather i find i am very short of breath etc is this something that other people get? like i cant catch my breath when i am out

sophie

nanny
05-01-09, 13:30
Hi There
Lots of people feel this, i certainly do.

I have read that in hot and cold weather you're body has to work harder to keep you warm/cool etc, so i put that down to the breathlessness.
I shouldn't worry too much about it unless it really is affecting you badly, in which case i'd get it checked out. But i think you'll find this is normal.:)

minihaha
05-01-09, 23:32
yes, i get this same feeling on very cold frosty mornings, i have a short walk to the bus stop from my house and have noticed that once i get to the bus stop and catch my breath it feels like a sharp, short, shock to my throat and lungs when i inhale if that makes any sense , of course then i start breathing rapidly and make myself feel worse. I just keep telling myslef its the cold air entering my body and nothing i cant cope with.

Try not to worry too much but if it persists then go to your gp and get it checked out xxxxxxxxx

Dominic1975
05-01-09, 23:35
Someone told me in really cold weather the air is drier.... this is what makes you feel breathlessness... I dont think its anything to worry about it... loads of people feel this (even those without anxiety)