PDA

View Full Version : How do we deal with mornings

Carol27
05-01-09, 14:26
Hi, i am having dreadful anxiety in the mornings and then it stays most of the day. I am terrified as my worse symptom is a bizarre thought and it seems to come into my head even before i'm properly awake and then my heart sinks and i panic and cry with despair. This all happened after abrupt morphine withdrawal as for 47 years of my life i have been lucky enough not to have had anxiety, panic or thoughts that were bizarre. My huge fear is that it will never go away and that even if the anxity goes the bizarre thought will stay forever now its in my head, can anyone please help, love Carol.

anna66
05-01-09, 14:37
Hi Carol,
I have no idea what your bizarre thought could be, but rest assured mornings are the worst time for some people. I went through a stage of being petrified of getting out of bed 'just in case'. I am now 6 months down the line and although I still feel slightly apprehensive, mornings are much better for me. These thoughts are only with us while we suffer with acute anxiety, they are there to trick us and keep us scared. As long as I realise that, its me in control LOL.
Anna
xx

sunshine-lady
05-01-09, 14:45
Hi Carol,

Maybe this is due to the abrupt morphine withdrawral and will hopefully subside before too long.

I am always at my worst in the morning. I am a night owl and don't sleep very well, so when i do get out of bed in the morning I am anxious and tired.

Hope things get better for you xxxxx

staple
05-01-09, 14:52
Hi carol
I have been in the same boat and the last few mornings I have been feeling anxious which usually starts with a negative thought, like your self I was ok up till a few years ago and then the anxiety suddenly got worse it has got a lot better and i have to keep a watch on my own sabotage
Mike

EmmaJane
05-01-09, 14:58
Carol, I have no advice at the moment as bad myself, I am waking up exactly the same as you and it is really getting me down.

Hopefully soon, I'll be more with it, to offer advice, that I use to do on here :-(
xx