PDA

View Full Version : Just had a big scare

chrissie1951
05-01-09, 18:23
Hiya,
Has any one had anything like this. I've just been out for the day, got home, put my key in the door and suddenly my heart went mad, it was so irregular that I thought I was gonna faint. Had to go to the loo and it was going mental, I couldn't seem to breathe, then I coughed a few times and it steadied down a bit.
It is still not right and I feel so so tired and worn out now, is this normal, I am so worried.

kestral
05-01-09, 19:21
sounds as if you are a person who worries a lot and it may be a reaction to something thats going on in your life at the moment. it would be worth popping down to a&e just to check things out.

Dave B
06-01-09, 17:34
Hi Chrissie,
I agree with Kestral, you should get this checked out if you have'nt already. This sounds like it could be something like atrial fibrillation, which I have and gives very similar symptoms. Easy to prove with an ECG when the heart is out of rhythm......very best wishes
Dave

chrissie1951
06-01-09, 23:38
Hi Dave,
What treatment you having for it. I gotta wear a moniter for a day next Wednsday to pick anything up, but it does worry me, am sure it's not right.

Dominic1975
06-01-09, 23:49
I suffer with my heart all of a sudden beating fast.... although this symptom I have experienced for some time... its normally when I am anxious... I had an ECG and they said everything was fine.... Its always reasuring to get it checked out

Boos Mum
06-01-09, 23:52
did going to the loo help?

Dave B
07-01-09, 12:58
Chrissie....they have to be sure it is AF first and a monitor test will help with that. Normally, it will return by itself to regular rhythm..good news! If not there are certain drugs that can usually do it over a couple of days. If your pulse feels regular and strong, probably not AF! I know it is hard but try not to worry......

chrissie1951
07-01-09, 17:38
Thanks Dave,
Am trying not to worry, but it aint that simple is it. Will be a relief just to know one way or the other.
Can't go on like this much longer, am turning into a nervous wreck!!!

chrissie1951
07-01-09, 17:39
Hiya Boo,
Yes strangely it did, how odd is that!!!