PDA

View Full Version : Been to the doctors( ladies)

kittykat
05-01-09, 17:33
Hi everyone,

Have been to the doctors today as i have been having a niggly pain in my left groin it can sometimes vary between a sharp pain and a burning pain ache thing, also explained that i have been having a sort of achey heavy feeling down below at intervals during the month.
He asked me if i had any probs passing urine which ive not and then went on to examine me. He didnt seem overly concerned and just said one of those annoying achey things, felt he didnt reassure me today at all. I did say i was concerned about ovarian or cervical cancer ( my periods are pretty regular every month and i dont have any spotting in between them ). I also asked when my smear was due and funnily its due at the end of this month so he has told me to come along tomorrow evening to get done. My mind is in overdrive as this is so quick and does he secretly think id better get a smear done on her quick !!
I am just thinking about ovarian or cervical at the moment and am thinking i have the symtoms of it and am so tempted to google which i know will freak me out even more.
I did have an internal at the A&E dept just at the end of october after an embarassing incident with a tampon which i wont go into:blush: so would they have seen anything abnormal like lumps and bumps and probs with cervix then, and would anything have grown and got out of hand in 2/3mths.
Sorry about longish post just feeling freaky just now.

girlrock
05-01-09, 17:37
Hi Kitty,

In my opinion...if your doc was worried about something he would have just come out and said it...not scheduled you for a secret smear tomorrow. I don't think doctors can do secret/behind our back type things after the age of 18? I know they play tricks on us when we are kids sometimes. Also, you are right...if anything was feelable or visible back when you went to the emergency room, then they would have said something then. Hope you can calm down a bit until you have your test now. Take care, hun!

crunchie01
05-01-09, 19:06
hi kitty,

i have too have the pain in my groin but mine is in my right, i too convinced myself of ovarian cancer, my dr who is fantastic has referred me for a scan, she says its not because she thinks there is something wrong she is doing it to prove to me there is nothing wrong. i have had an internal today as she offered to do me one to reassure me further and she said she cant feel anything wrong, she said the pain i describe is not typical of anything sinister and it is more typical of normal bowel twinges.
i hope this helps,pm me if you want a chat,
but im positive you are fine hunny

minihaha
05-01-09, 23:55
hi, this sounds very similar to symptons i have had over the last couple of years (we have been trying for a baby for several years so you can imagine my heightened state of radar on everything connected to ovaries...) I was convinced that i had something wrong with me and i too had a cervical smear appt brought forward - all came back clear. I then had as part of our fertility examinations a pelvic and ovarian scan and also an hsg procedure which examines your tubes etc for any blockages and cysts. You guessed it...all came back clear. In my case the niggles in the groin area, which tend to be on the right hand side , rather than the left have turned out to be normal signs of ovulation - in my case the pain was always more prominent mid cycle which my consulant said was to be expected and was actually a good sign that things were working as they should. The only thing on a negative side that they did find was a small fibroid (no larger than a pin head i was told) and this should cause me no probs as millions of women have fibroids and they are not a cause of worry, save for a few extreme cases.

I hope you get a diagnosis that will set your mind at ease, and i am sure you will - i do think though and i dont mean to be flippant that in the female body there is so much going on in that area and monthly changes etc that its very hard to pinpoint anything unless its harmful, so dont worry if they dont find anything - it just means that all is in working order and you may be prone to a few niggles every now and again.

kittykat
06-01-09, 10:20
Thanks for replying guys , well i get my smear tonight at 6 so will ask the nurse if all looks normal down below:blush: .
I just hate not knowing what the cause of things are think it sometimes worries me more than the symptoms thereself sometimes. I'm still having the niggly pain on left hand side though so will also ask the nurse for her opinion as well.
I'm just one of these people that thinks that if anything was to go wrong better to get it fixed soooner than later . I just really hate this anxiety.

redballoons
06-01-09, 11:49
hi
I had the same as minihaha I was trying to get pregnant for quitea while with my second and also had pains around ovulation and again around my period :)

sophie

horses4mehorses
06-02-09, 18:49
Hi All

Just found this site - I'm so glad. I need to have a chat with ladies who may have experienced the same thing as me......

I'm 35. Been TTC for 1 year but stopped Sept 08 as am getting married Aug this year. About 3 months ago I suddenly got horrendous pain in my left pelvis. It felt tender & I had a numb sensation down my left leg. Normal pain killers didn't touch it. I went to the doctors & they sent me for a scan - infact I was so worried, I went for a private scan which I arranged for the day after seeing the doc and also had the NHS scan - they both came back normal/clear. I was advised it was ovulation pain and to take pain killers. However, my next ovualtion cycle was so painful I went back to the docs again and they prescribed me prescription painkillers. I was told everything was fine so deal with it. I have had a cyle in between times with not much pain.....thank god. However, I now have another cyle and the pain is agony. It has been going on for the last 10 days (as it did before). I have been back to the docs twice in the last week. 1st time I was told to keep taking the painkillers and today they told me to do a wee sample to check my kidneys as it does appear to be extended ovulation pain........I don't think my kidneys are the problem though. Does/has/ can anyone out there give me advice? I am terrified it is to do with my fertility & that is why I have not conceived & there is perhaps a more sinister cause to all this.....please help!

xx