PDA

View Full Version : Im fed up of worrying - Please help me x x

shelly438
05-01-09, 18:02
Hello guys

Well after being on Citaplham for six months im still suffering......... although the panic attacks have stopped.

It started with pain in my stomach and constant heartburn then I was getting metallic tasting burps. Convinced i could taste blood I was in my GP's surgery in a flash sobbing my heart out, I was convinced I had:

Hital Hernia
H Pylori
Stomach Tumour
Blockage and so on, DR put me on Omperozole been on and off them for four months the heartburn has gone but I still have this pain in my ribcage. DR sent me for a Barium Swallow which revealed Acid Reflux, why am I not convinced and why do I still get this pain in my ribcage??? Im terrified that the test missed something!!! I also had the breath test which was negative (for H Plyori)

The symptoms now are pain in the Pit of stomach, (comes and goes) Heavy Chest feeling (feels like a pulled muscle and aches more when breathing in) occasional rectum gurgling, Throat Gurgling, Stomach Gurgling Heavy Chest Feeling, Achy back I do get occasional diarreah as well. I also get an occasional lump in my throat and cold feeling in my head that runs down one side of my face and into my arm, and noticed at certain times my fists are clenched or im gritting my teeth!

I should also mention that I have not been sick or had any black stools or lost weight. Sometimes after eating I also burp up food, this happens only a few times a week and my symptoms disappear when I’m in bed, Strange for Acid Reflux???

I’m fed up with HA and am due to see a counsellor in Jan 08 for some CBT Therapy. Does anyone think this is just HA magnifying my smptoms or would the Barium test ruled that out? x x x x

ciaralouise15
05-01-09, 19:24
i had this a cuple of years ago. anxiety causes so many symptons. i was actually sick with indigestion and also was on omeprazole. dont worry mine just went away after a while, u learn to accept that its not a physical problem but a psychological problem thats causing these symptons, knowing this helps 2 rid of it because u r no longer afraid. my anxiety is so horrible that im 2 anxious 2 take tablets now so i cant take any medicaton or im more anxious. i also cannot eat certain foods as im scared they will harm me and i cannot drink an alcoholic drink either. somehow i learn 2 live with it yet i hate my life. b thankful u can still take ur meds and whatever u do carry on as eventually u may get better. take care xx