PDA

View Full Version : im not going mad

lane12
05-01-09, 18:41
hi evryone just hato post why is it that docs put everything down to anx once you been told you suffer from it ,wel a few days ago i wasnt feeling to good tryd to get into docs but couldnt till today ,it started with me feeling out of sorts ,numb face ,heavy left leg ,neck ache ,uncomfortable cheast ,along with heart racing away and breathless , well seen doc today didnt even cheack me over just said thats the anx and sent me of with my meds ,citlipran 20mg ,now im so worried he has missed somthing ,should he have just cheaked me over just to make sure to put my mind at rest seems like everything i go there with is put down to anx am i going madddddd .thanx for letting me let of some steam x

Utility
05-01-09, 21:54
Hi

I assume that in the past you have been checked out by your doctor and that he or she will be have based their conclusions on this. Please don't be alarmed and I know it can seem frustrating that you didn't get looked at but have confidence in your doctor. If they are concerned they would have checked you out. Sometimes they might be reluctant to examine you just in case it feeds your fear and can make it more difficult to break the cycle of always thinking that there is something wrong.

I went through the same feelings, as many on this site have, and when going to the doctors would be concerned as to why I wasn't examined after complaining about my aches and pains. But of course further examinations weren't required because it was down to anxiety.

Your doctor may only examine you further if you perhaps you presented yourself at the surgery with new or alternative symptoms that were out of the ordinary.

Have you had a chat with your doctor about the concerns you have because that may be all that is needed to ease your mind over this?