PDA

View Full Version : Thank God I Know

deetee3330
05-01-09, 20:08
well every 1 im david i had a panic attack today feel rough still at about 10am i got all the usual symptoms that i hav now read on this site i didnt no there was people like me ive had these for about 4 years now and countless visits to the doc i thought i was dying each time it happened after various heart scans nothing so i was sent home from work today went straight to the doc who seen me in the middle of this and straight away told me what was happening so i was reassured and given a 7 day coures of diazepam and put on mirtazapine i would be intrested in any one else who is using this medication and how it is going for them HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL at last ive got mine:yesyes:

EmmaJane
05-01-09, 20:14
Happy New Year to you as well, and welcome to the site. There are many of us out there, hopefully the site, and people on it, will give you some sound advice.

Emma

connie1985
06-01-09, 00:13
i have diazepam, it just takes the edge off, but apparently its really addictive so u must be carefull with it! I have 12 tablets left and im hoping they will last me ages as i only take one when i feel i really need it! I feel alot more in control now and havnt had a panic attack in 2months! if u need any tips give me a shout! what are your symptoms exactly? connie x

deetee3330
06-01-09, 09:24
hi connie the doc said its only short term for diazepan 1 week then last night i started mirtazapine 15mg for 1 week then increase to 30mg so i started it last night must admit i slept great but this morning a bit groggy getting up but that will hopefully will pass my symptoms were i was at work all of a sudden i felt really hot and sweaty then started shaking wiht like a knot in my stomache felt really sick like i was going to pass out every one that saw me commented on how grey i was looking which didnt help me at all my only thought was dont let me pass out because if i did that would be the end of me so i was sent home but i went straight to the doc who seen me in a full flight panic attack and was able to pin point it straight away i must admit it feels great knowing what it is as opposed to asking your self whats going on with me all the time and worrying yourself even more thanks for the reply:yahoo:

Vanilla Sky
06-01-09, 11:28
Hi david, i guess that was good for you that the doc saw you in the middle of an attack so now you know for sure it was panic. Thats a problem for me its always ' maybe its something serious this time' I was on mirtazipin a few years ago and it certainly helped with the depression took a few weeks to kick in, but most of them do, i slept well every night which i think is important. Diazepam is only short term just take them when you really need them, i still have a few for emergencys which iv never taken, but just knowing theyr there is a safety net for me. Good luck , maybe ill see you in chat sometime love paige

Cherbear
06-01-09, 11:57
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find the site useful everyone is so helpful and lovely:hugs::hugs:xx

weeble40
07-01-09, 09:28
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
07-01-09, 12:44
Hi deetee:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Nibbles
07-01-09, 20:38
Hi Deetee and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

deetee3330
11-01-09, 16:05
thanks for all the warm welcomes looks like ive found the right support group here i thought it was all in my head good to know that iv got someone who really knows what its like

lorac
11-01-09, 16:13
Hi Deetee

Welcome to the site I think you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol