PDA

View Full Version : i posted this under panic attack but mabye here so someone will answer.

CABelieve13
06-01-09, 00:45
Sorry if im being impatient, im just FREAKIN out hahah.

So i have braces and just started using rubber bands 2-3 weeks ago. The seemed to cause alot of problems in my mouth but i just ignored them and hoped theyd get better.

But no they are almost like chapped lips.

They are dry and very painful and stingy and split easily and rough.
So i went on yahoo answer to see what i could do and this is what someone said.

"I had the same thing happen to me, and it was just from the latex causing chaffing in the mouth. You'll eventually get used to it, you just have to drink a lot of water and stay hydrated :)

But also, it could be you have a latex allergy. In which case, i'd go to the orthodontist or doctor ASAP. Latex allergies are extremely dangerous and you could even die from them, so either way even if it is
just chaffing, i'd get checked out. If you do have a latex allergy, they'll just give you a special kind of elastics!"

GHow do you know if its latex? This weird chaffing or whatever has been ther for a couple days, but got really bad today for some reason. How do i know if its latex allergy? How long does a reaction take?
Should i be worried. is it serious.....anyone.....

Can it get worse? anyone help please.....am i over reacting? i prolly am i just need words of encouragement

Hollytree
06-01-09, 00:54
I probably wouldn't worry too much about this, if you are worried which sounds as if u are, ask your dentist for advice, i am sure he/she will be able to help u.

xx