PDA

View Full Version : Man I hate this time of year!

HighwayMiles
06-01-09, 01:25
Hi. :) I'm Laura and I'm having a rotten day that began with panic which morphed into generalized dread and is now a combination of exhaustion/fear/anger/frustration. In sum, I'm a disaster. I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety, panic attack disorder and OCD, but I'm mostly just emetophobic. Well, that and whatever one calls the fear of bowel issues. Basically, I'm petrified of stomach bugs. Norovirus. That's the biggie. And Rotavirus to a lesser extent. And food poisoning, which is just fantastic because my husband is a.... restaurant critic. Yeah. This has caused some marital discord.

I'm 35 with a 4 year old daughter. I hate sending her to school. She goes back tomorrow after a long break, and Noro is so rampant in my area right now it has finally made the news. Gulp.

This has to stop. I've tried Prozac, Effexor, Trazodone, Neurontin, Buspar, Ativan, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Serzone and a few others and they simply don't help, or they make me feel so terrible it just doesn't seem worth it. I'm currently unmedicated and have stopped seeing my Psych because his office is in a medical building, which isn't my preferred destination these days.

I've tried organizing local meetings of people like me, but they're all too phobic to show up. :doh:

Anyway, hi. Although I'd give anything to be well enough NOT to be here, I'm happy to meet others with similar issues. :)

In my free time I'm a stormchaser. Docs say I'm counter-phobic, but you won't see me licking any public handrails anytime soon. Oh, and I live in Colorado, USA.

Patty
06-01-09, 09:52
Hi Laura, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

Cherbear
06-01-09, 11:55
Hey hun, welcome to the site. I hope you can find information here that will help you, you're not alone:hugs::hugs:xx

weeble40
07-01-09, 09:27
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
07-01-09, 12:46
Hi and :welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

spaced
07-01-09, 13:34
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Nibbles
07-01-09, 20:42
Hi Laura and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)