PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the light....

Huntj
06-01-09, 03:17
Hi, I am a newbie to this site but a sufferer for almost 20 years. My attacks come and go, each time with new symptoms and phobias........For the last 10 years on and off I have had problems swallowing and a fear of swallowing my tongue which currently is robbing me of my happiness......I carry the fear around with me all day and everyday….I search for it when I wake in the mornings and I take it to bed with me at night……it has got to the point now where I am so obsessed with the fear of it happening…..because my mind has convenienced me that IT IS REAL that I can’t venture outside of my home….my tongue is always sore and swollen……but I refuse to take meds because they only suppress the condition……I would love to hear from other members with similar experiences….I am hoping that this will be the therapy I need to put my overactive mind back in its box……

Cherbear
06-01-09, 11:52
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find the site useful everyone is so helpful and lovely:hugs::hugs:xx

weeble40
07-01-09, 09:27
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
07-01-09, 12:47
Hi &:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Patty
07-01-09, 13:26
Hi Huntj, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :D

Nibbles
07-01-09, 20:42
Hi Huntj and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)