PDA

View Full Version : carnival/fireworks

shybabyboo
03-07-05, 22:41
im going to a fireworks show tonight, but its also where there is a carnival. to see the fireworks you have to walk through the crowds of people and up and down a couple hills. its pretty far from where people are to park and ive always been anxious and nervous and a bit fidgety around people, especially crowds of people, since ive started getting panic attacks. i have gone to the carnival/fireworks before when my anxiety was kind of at its worst and was able to make it through it but even though ive done it before im still nervous about going. i keep trying to tell myself ('ive done it before and gotten through it, may have gotten a little fidgety a few times and overcame it, but i still got through it') but im still a bit nervous. anyone have any ideas of how to stop thinking about it and getting nervous?

its about 5:30pm right now and we're probably going to leave around 7:30-8:00pm.

Jenn

shybabyboo
04-07-05, 04:50
well, i just got back not too long ago from the fireworks/carnival. i was feeling a little sick so i first said i wasnt going to go but i then talked myself into it and jumped in the car as everyone was leaving. i did have a few panic attacks, the very first one.....was right next to an ambulance, how funny is that :D then i had one when we were about to walk down a hill to find a spot to sit, but ultimatley we stayed towards the top since i was a bit edgey. i decided to record the firworks on camera to kind of keep my mind busy and not think about the hundreds of people around me. but, the fireworks wasnt anything like afterwards trying to get out of the place. we sat in an apartment parking lot for about a 30-45 minutes. three lanes of traffic trying to merge into one lane, not a good thing. i did ultimatley end up yelling and cussing at a person in a car that cut us off and barely missed hitting us. pretty much everyone but my mom was yelling, she was too busy stopping. i kind of feel better releasing all the stress from the whole day, although it wasnt exactly the way it should have gone [}:)] overall it was OK and a 30 minute ride home actually took us about 2 hours. now im just a bit tired and am looking for a good nights rest! [Sigh...]

Jenn

pinkscrumpy
04-07-05, 10:06
Well done Jenn

I'm sooooo proud of you. You actually went so that is a definite positive

[8D][8D][8D]

MANDIE XX

Meg
04-07-05, 15:29
Well done for going to the fireworks and glad they went off ok.
You did very well in managing the traffic jams as well as the event itself.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

leo05
04-07-05, 17:53
well done jenn

Barb
04-07-05, 18:32
that was excellant Jen, especially the waiting in the parking lot thats when i panic when i cant get away quickly

Barb x

Karen
04-07-05, 19:15
Very well done Jenn.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 20:13
Jenn

You DID it so well done. I know you had hard times there but you still did it!!!

Remember that ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

shybabyboo
06-07-05, 23:07
thank you all!

Jenn

stimpy
11-07-05, 03:37
Well done Jenn!

A lot of people don't like the idea of being stuck in a crowd with fireworks going off.

I think you did very well. :D

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'