PDA

View Full Version : Back from paradise

LisaD
03-07-05, 23:39
Hi everyone,

So I'm back from a wonderful week of basking in the sunshine in Hawaii, and many things to report. First though... LisaS--thanks for the wonderful message, it was great to see when I returned!!

First off--the flight. Was a little nervous because I've never had problems flying before, but thought that one would crop up because I'm a little more sensitive than before. Didn't feel so great during take-off and landing, but did some deep breathing, and held John's hand tight ( a little too tight he complained later!!) and was fine as soon as we were in the air.

I was in Hawaii for my little brother's wedding--OK, he's not so little (23 years old) but I still think of him that way. So I was there with my bf, Mom, bro, plus the bride and her family. It was great to spend so much time with my Mom and brother as we are close, but don't get all together very often. We did so many things...the wedding of course, went to a luau, tour of the island, snorkeling, plus I went swimming with a dolphin at the local aqauriam!! It was fantastic! Plus shopping, and sitting on the beach...definitely a packed holiday. And I did it all! The reason why this is in the success stories section because 2 months ago I could barely leave the house, and if I did run a few simple errands, I had to lay down and recuperate for hours afterwards! Plus the whole flying thing and new experince would have scared the heck out of me!!

Another reason why this is in the success stories....I am now officailly a working woman again!!! Yay!!! I got the email when I returned late Friday night that they were offering me the position that I had interviewed for right before I left!! Its a great job...not too stressful, defined hours (a rarity in science nowadays), and pays better than I was expecting (another rarity in science!!!), with great co-workers. So now I'm on top of the world!!! Just a few months ago, even the thought of getting a job in a shop would send me into a state of panic, and here I am actually being excited about a "science" job that I never thought I could do again! Feeling a little anticipatory anxiety...but nothing I can't handle!! yee haw!!!

So a big thanks to everyone for their thoughts during my interview last week, and also for all the support that got me to this point in the first place!!! You have no idea how much it means to me.

xxxxLisa

~Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage~ Anais Nin

Quirky
04-07-05, 00:15
Congratulations Lisa!
Hope you really enjoy the job. When do you start?

Glad you had a lovely holiday and enjoyed your brother's wedding. Well done you!

LJ

pinkscrumpy
04-07-05, 10:19
Oh I'm so jealous HAWAII I wish LOL

Great news on the job front. A big pat on the back.

MANDIE XX

tattybear
04-07-05, 10:45
Aww thats brilliant news Lisa, I was lovely to read your post and Im really pleased for you,

It sounds like you had a fabulous time in Hawii!!! and CONGRATS on the new job!!

When do you start?

Tatty B xx

Mcched
04-07-05, 10:55
Way to go Lisa!!!!!

You are an inspiration to us all!!!! [8D][Yeah!]

Congratulations and what an achievement!!!!

Good Luck with your new job.

Nikki

seh1980
04-07-05, 11:40
[Wow!] Lisa well done to you!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pips
04-07-05, 13:41
CONGRATULATIONS LISA I am so pleased for you. Well Done you!!!!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

LisaD
04-07-05, 17:42
Hi again,

Just got an email from my job...and I start tomorrow. Whoa! Turns out that someone is leaving at the end of the week, and they want us to overlap. This is a little faster than I was expecting, so feeling a little nervous with no time to mentally prepare, but still feeling pretty good about it.

I'll let you all know how my first day goes, wish me luck!!

Lisa

~Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage~ Anais Nin

Meg
04-07-05, 18:49
Have a great first day.

Thinking of you

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

carlin
04-07-05, 19:02
Hi Lisa,
Where do i start? well done, so glad you had a wonderful time (i am not in the least bit JEALOUS!!!!!!) you did real good, and good luck for tomorrow, we will be thinking of you, let us know all the goss. xxxx

Karen
04-07-05, 19:41
Hi Lisa

Well done for the holiday. Glad you had such a good time.

Congratulations on the new job. Good luck for tomorrow.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sueiamnew
04-07-05, 21:18
Well done and good luck in one sentence!!!!!

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 21:41
Lisa

Wow - a big well done on both the holiday and the job.

Loads of luck coming your way for the job.

Bet you are on cloud 9 now eh?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"