PDA

View Full Version : Neck and throat

cack
07-01-09, 01:01
My HA tends to have roots in reality (a real symptom that is unusual for me). Then my HA takes over, and my life is a wreck for weeks or months until I have tests that calm me down. I cannot stop the process. Counseling and CBT has halted my waking up at night, breathing issues, dizziness, etc.

I got a sore throat last summer. It felt like a cut right above my vocal cords on the right. As time went by, I also noticed that my right tonsil is a bit larger than the left one, and my neck feels tender and a little swollen around my lymph nodes. After a ton of tests, they diagnosed me with GERD. I am on high doses of Nexium, and the cut feeling has disappeared entirely. I still have the tender/swollen feeling in my neck and lymph nodes. I logically know it cannot be throat cancer, lymphoma, or any other deadly disease I can think of, because I had a neck CAT scan, tons of blood work, an endoscopy, and an ENT went through my nose to view my throat- all normal. But, I cannot let it go! No one else seems worried in the least. I am poking my neck so much, it is no wonder it is sore! We leave for holiday soon, and I want to enjoy the time away. Has anyone had similar feeling in their neck and throat?

Hollytree
07-01-09, 02:39
Hi there i hope in some way you can reassure yourself that everything is ok. You have the evidence there from all the tests that nothing serious is wrong. Try to have confidence in that, i know it's hard but believe in what you have been told by your doctor. Please enjoy your holiday : )

Take care x

cthechick84
07-01-09, 03:50
hi cack
im havin alot of throat probs frm acid reflux(gerd)too mine feels like foods sctratched it bad and plhlemy and like food sticks in my throat ,i have been like this since october and i did ave a good period back in november wen i was symptom free and managed to eat properly that was as i was takng my nexuim meds properly and then i stopped them , bad mistake so if i was u stick wiv ur meds and stay calm as anxiety tightens the throat worse darling, best wishes for 2009 if u need any help pm love c xxxxx

jannnne
07-01-09, 10:03
Oooh poor you, I am having ongoing acid problems, none diagnosed yet, but am worried about cancer, I have sore neck too. I am sure they would of found it if you had it after all those tests. It is hard to beleive its just acid reflux when the tablets dont work completely and you still have symptoms. I find its best just to keep going back to GP for reassurance. Lots of Love x

cack
07-01-09, 17:08
Thanks for your posts. This site is the best for empathy and reassurance!

I think the docs believe that some of my symptoms are anxiety related. I find it a really fine line to walk to inform the doctor that I have anxiety and might need more reassurance than the typical patient, but not be pigeon-holed into the belief (on the doctor's part) that it is all in my head. Hard to deal with.

I feel pretty confident of no throat cancer after the CT, but I have now moved onto lymph concerns. I feel like I roll from one deadly disease to the next.

My neck tenderness is fine thru the night and in the am. It is worse as the day goes on. Sometimes I do think I have a real symptom (GERD for me this time) and my HA is so smart that I start having all sorts of other symptoms in that general area. Do you all do that as well?

Henry1234
07-01-09, 17:40
Deffo

I had a Pit Tumor that was bleeding and everyone told me it was anxiety - was then discovered - just in time and so like you mine is rooted in reality - however find it difficult when speak to GP/Cons etc as the slighest mention that I get anxious etc and thats it they tune out and are not interested and put everything down to anxiety - I do sympathise

My HA is very clever like yours!!!

Mark