PDA

View Full Version : help

greenlady
07-01-09, 11:52
hi there everyone..today is my first time on my own in the house ..hubby is back at work and try as i can i cant seem to keep it together when i am on my own..my knees turn to jelly ,i shake all over and i cant seem to stop crying..any advice please?
gina

Kazza699
07-01-09, 12:35
Hi Gina, sorry you are feeling so bad. I'm having a similar day. Is there something you can do to distract you? I find distraction techniques useful, but it takes a lot of willpower to do something, be it reading a book, watching a dvd or doing something in the house - eg; cooking...
Take some quiet time out and concentrate on your breathing, should relax you a bit.
take care. Karen x

sheena
07-01-09, 15:47
When my thoughts start to go wild and my heart rate sprials out of control I put my head in my hands and deep breath in and out counting 4 in and four out and at the same time try to calm the thoughts in my head down.

When I feel more calm I slowly walk up and down my garden and then slowly walk around my house saying out loud or to yourself I am calmer now.

This usually works so that I can sit down and read the newspaper or my current book I am reading.

Hope this might be of some help

Sheena

sunshine-lady
07-01-09, 18:20
Hi Gina:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
07-01-09, 20:18
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

greenlady
07-01-09, 20:48
thanks to all..i had a shiatsu massage today....it was lovely...got a tmj in my jaw and seem to have a wee bit of relief from that.
gina