PDA

View Full Version : why does it happen at night

kimmy
04-07-05, 09:29
i struggled to sleep again last night. had the shakes before i went to bed, but then when i was sleeping, i was thinking things, really confussing thaughts, it was going on for ages. i fell asleep eventually, got shakes a bit today and palpatations. but im tired now, and it just goes on, im snappy at the kids, i feel guilty blahblah
y do you think it happens at night? i was calm, had a nice bath, i was just watching tv???? :(

mjh74
04-07-05, 09:59
Hi Kim,

When the kids are in bed and things have quietened down your concious or even subconcious mind probably goes into overdrive and you tend to think more about things, this is what I find. With those thoughts, you're most likely stimulating the anxiety.

Mark

bigbaz2005
04-07-05, 10:06
I also find the evening the worse time of the day. I live alone, so sat at home watching the TV all the aches and pains that have built up over the day when have been busy, become more obvious. Add to this, the fact that because I am not occupied my mind wanders, and I am primed for an attack. Sitting and chilling out doesnt help me at all, so I tend to try and stay active in some way as late as possible.

I think I need to learn how to relax properly, and maybe that will help you

Bazza

pinkscrumpy
04-07-05, 10:32
Me Too.

MANDIE XX

seh1980
04-07-05, 11:30
I think it happens at night because our minds wander then. Also, because our brains are tired after a long day and are less able to fight the panic..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

bluesparkle
04-07-05, 11:57
hi
yes i too find the nights hard... im on my own... well apart from the kids but once they have gone to bed i find it very hard...
i agree we are tired too by then which doesnt help at all...
i dont know what advice to give but you are definately not alone
rach

kimmy
04-07-05, 12:27
I THINK JUST KNOWING THAT IM NOT ALONE, HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BIGGEST HELP. THANKYOU ALL. I TRY TO KEEP BUST BUT THAT TIREING TOO WHEN YOU HAVE NO ENERGY.

Meg
04-07-05, 14:21
When we're winding down and are tired, we are vulnerable to whatever drifts in and out of our minds and to this end it is worth saving something to do/ read that will occupy you should you start to have thoughts that you struggle to let go of

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...