PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

Phill2
04-07-05, 10:24
Hi Guys
My name is Phill and i'm 52 years of age. I live in Brisbane Australia.
I have read a lot of forums and can identify with most if not all of you.
I have suffered mild anxiety since my early 20's without too much bother but about 2 yrs ago my son was killed in a car accident and it became time to find help.
I went to a psychiatrist who prescribed Aropax and I experienced a full blown 3 day panic attack.
After that I was changed to Valium and regular counselling which after about 12 months got me back on my feet and into a career as a Real Estate Salesman (not a career I would recommend to anyone with anxiety but the only one I could do due to a spinal injury). A big help was the "Living with IT" series of books.
I only take 5mg of Valium a day and given the length of time I've been taking it without increasing the dose I'm probably flying solo but I refuse to increase it as I don't want to be addicted.
I find a lot of comfort in the forums because I can see that I'm not the only one feeling the way I do.
Like all of you I have good days and not so good days. Thats when the forums help immensely. My wife says she can see a difference since I started reading them (yesterday)
Well thats all I can think to put for now. No doubt I will think of more later.
Regards
Phill

Mcched
04-07-05, 10:59
Hi Phill

Big welcome to you!!!!!

I am relatively new myself, thinking I was the only one dealing with anxiety!! Its great to know that we can share our experiences and this site is fab for that!!!

Welcome aboard

Nikki

seh1980
04-07-05, 11:26
Welcome aboard Phill!! Hope we can offer you some good advice here :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Phill2
04-07-05, 11:48
Thanks Guys
Phill

Yesterday's History,Tomorrows A Mystery,Today Is A Gift - Thats Why They Call It The Present

bluesparkle
04-07-05, 11:54
hi phill
welcome...:D
this site is great and the people here are lovely... there is always someone who can give you some advice

Meg
04-07-05, 13:52
Hi Phill,

It so great to see the difference just some understanding, loss of isolation coupled with some education makes to people in a very short time indeed.

Welcome and well done for not increasing your valium over the years.

I hope you've found this one :
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
04-07-05, 17:40
Hi Phill

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sueiamnew
04-07-05, 17:59
Welcome to the forum Phill

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 19:03
A big warm welcome aboard the forum Phil.

Hope you stick around and we can be of some help. Ask any questions that you want to.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pinkscrumpy
04-07-05, 19:51
Welcome Phill

[^][^][^][^]

MANDIE XX

zena
05-07-05, 13:08
Welcome to the forum Phill.

This site is great..only wished I found it ages ago. Has also helped my daughter.

Yesterday's History,Tomorrows A Mystery,Today Is A Gift - Thats Why They Call It The Present I think that this is a good quote
Take care honey.

with good wishes

Zena

Untamedstar
05-07-05, 14:16
Hi Phil

Looks like a good site to me![8D] Enjoy & Good Luck:D

Untamedstar.x.

pips
05-07-05, 16:34
Good day Phil,

A BIG warm welcome to the site i hope it helps you on your road to recovery.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

sal
09-07-05, 23:11
Hi Phil

Welcome to the site. Great you have joined and look forward to chatting to you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

clickaway
09-07-05, 23:17
Hi Phil - so glad you found us.

Yes, just being with like minded souls who you can relate to does help greatly.

Keep posting.

Talking is a great therapy.

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

jill
11-07-05, 00:17
Hi Phill

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX