PDA

View Full Version : An old member

tnt808
07-01-09, 16:46
Hi NMP,

It's been quite a while since I have posted on here, so, I found it fitting to re-introduce myself.

I used to be a pretty active member here until my life went crazy. I am from Hawaii, and wouldn't live anywhere else in the world. Except maybe Bali, or Sicily! :)

I suffer from General Anxiety, and at one point had found myself staring down the throat of the ugly Health Anxiety monster. I feel like I have both under control right now. Sure, I have my episodes, that to the un-trained eye I am a freakshow, but to me I am able to control them much better. I don't wake up with that doom&gloom feeling.

I have no cure, no book to suggest to read, no meditation tapes! The only thing that helped me was that I faced it everyday by myself for 13 months. I had 3 children that depended upon me, a dog, and a cat. My husband deployed to Korea and that is how I finally found out what I truly am capable of. I wouldn't trade that year for anything...I am strong, I can fight anxiety, and I don't ever, ever want to do that year again. haha

Needless to say, he is gone again...(story of my life). I have new anxiety now, although, much improved! I have weight issues...oh, I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I've had thinking about the weight I have gained. Promising myself that I will lose it while he is gone. I know I'm not fat, or the rational part of me does. Blah! See, you let one part of your anxiety go and replace it with a new and improved. kindler, gentler one!

Anyways, I will try to post on here from time to time. I hope all is well with the ones I used to know, and look forward to hearing from one's I don't.

lorac
07-01-09, 16:58
Hi Tina

Good to see you again and great to hear that things are so greatly improved for you. It sounds like you have done such a good job and really turned your life around and I am so pleased for you. Reading your post makes me think you are a much stronger person for everything you have been through and I admire your courage for facing the anxiety full on and getting where you are today.

All the best Tina

Carol

Missy69
07-01-09, 18:32
Hello and welcome back,

Nice to read your post and look forward to knowing you more

Take care

sunshine-lady
07-01-09, 18:34
Hi Tina and welcome back!

I have only been a member here for around 3 months and it's great to hear that you are doing so well, a true inspiration to us all!

xxx

spaced
07-01-09, 19:14
:welcome: hi and welcome back to NMP:)

Granny Primark
07-01-09, 19:33
Tina me old mate.
Welcome back:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Im so pleased and proud of how you have coped.
This is just a very small blip.
Your weight is a very small problem to get over compared to what you have achieved so far.
Im sure your not "fat". But I know when weve got an idea in our heads its hard to convince us otherwise.
I for one have missed you.
The members of this site will gain from having such a caring understanding member back.

Loads of love

weeble40
07-01-09, 20:14
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

tnt808
08-01-09, 16:49
Aww Thanks for the warm re-welcome.:blush:

Lynn,

My dear old friend, I really hope things have been well for you and your family. I have missed you and will do my best to be a bit more involved here.

jodie
08-01-09, 19:49
awww welcome back tina

nice to see u on the site again :hugs:

jodie xxxxx

panicagain
08-01-09, 20:00
I don't know you but i want to congratulate you on your improvements. I hope to be there some day too:hugs:
Oh and Welcome Back!

Patty
09-01-09, 03:49
Hi Tina, :)

:welcome: back to NMP. It's great to have you here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

RosieXXX
09-01-09, 14:09
Hello,

Welcome back to the site, as you know you will find plenty of friendly support here from people who are happy to help each other.

Sax
09-01-09, 15:29
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/bacio1.gif Tina,

A warm http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/welcome1.gif back and hope to catch you in chat asap, Tina once an NMP member always a member and always a memeber in my opinion so come on into chat or just to forum whatever u feel is right for you but please remember we are here just for u xxxxxx

good to see u love :roflmao: :yesyes: :shades:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/saxrotating.gif

Cherbear
10-01-09, 12:04
Hi hun and welcome back to the site:hugs::hugs:xx