PDA

View Full Version : Acid Relux, Or are the DR ignoring my fears or is is HA?

shelly438
07-01-09, 17:33
Well after being on Citaplham for six months im still suffering......... although the panic attacks have stopped.

It started with pain in my stomach and constant heartburn then I was getting metallic tasting burps. Convinced i could taste blood I was in my GP's surgery in a flash sobbing my heart out, I was convinced I had:

Hital Hernia
H Pylori
Stomach Tumour
Blockage and so on, DR put me on Omperozole been on and off them for four months the heartburn has gone but I still have this pain in my ribcage. DR sent me for a Barium Swallow which revealed Acid Reflux, why am I not convinced and why do I still get this pain in my ribcage??? Im terrified that the test missed something!!! I also had the breath test which was negative (for H Plyori)

The symptoms now are pain in the Pit of stomach, (comes and goes) Heavy Chest feeling (feels like a pulled muscle and aches more when breathing in) occasional rectum gurgling, Throat Gurgling, Stomach Gurgling Heavy Chest Feeling, Achy back I do get occasional diarreah as well. I also get an occasional lump in my throat and cold feeling in my head that runs down one side of my face and into my arm, and noticed at certain times my fists are clenched or im gritting my teeth! I should also add that just lately when I eat it feels like ive swallowed a bag of patatoes and food not going down.......

I should also mention that I have not been sick or had any black stools or lost weight. Sometimes after drinking I burp it back up, this happens only a few times a week and my symptoms disappear when I’m in bed, Strange for Acid Reflux???

I’m fed up with HA and am due to see a counsellor in Jan 08 for some CBT Therapy. Does anyone think this is just HA magnifying my smptoms or would the Barium test ruled that out? x x x x

ade
07-01-09, 17:42
do you know that there are more nerves going from the brain to the gut,than there are from the brain to the spinal chord.when we feel fear its is generally experienced in the gut.what i mean to say is that anxiety will manifest itself in the gut and you may well still feel things there and be totally healthy.i too have gastric reflux disease,very common in anx sufferers.
good luck and kindest regards ade x

agent orange
07-01-09, 18:28
I.B.S can sometimes be down to this. I have wind coming into my mouth from my stomach with heartburn sometimes. I was checked for H.pylori years ago and then they diagnosed i.B.s. I do have other symptoms too. But this disorder is common in anxitic patients and can occur from the mouth right through to the anus, but it may not totally apply to you.
Hope You Feel Better Soon.

cack
07-01-09, 18:38
Sounds like you have some of the same symptoms I do. I, too, constantly worry that they missed something. Your symptoms do sound like there is an anxiety component. It is hard when you have something going on like GERD, and some anxiety, to differentiate between the 2. You could ask for the h pylori blood test if you want to doublecheck that. Have you had any blood work, like a cbc? Might relieve your mind about general health. You chest tightness sounds like what I used to have. Mine turned out to be anxiety- tight muscles, and when I breathed in, I expanded those muscles, so it felt tight. My neck and throat issues are also worse during the day, and better at night- a bit contrary to typical GERD, but makes sense if our GERD is anxiety related- we are more relaxed when sleeping.

I had an endoscopy instead of the barium test, and my understanding is that either test should alleviate your concerns. The CBT can hopefully help with the anxiety symptoms. I went for a few months, and it really helped my breathing, tight muscles, sleeping, etc. Hope this helps!

bytheby
07-01-09, 21:50
Hi I too have these sysptoms and was told i had gerd... got my gallbladder removed ten years ago but the feeling im having is the same as when i had gallbladder symptoms ie burning pain on right hand side of back!!under immense stress at the mo due to various reasons and the symptoms of gerd have been here since aug last year the thing is they come and go its the back pain thats worst and especially in the morning you can feel the foodslowly going down whenyou get up im so anxsious about the whole thing thinking its my pancreas, liver etc even cancer no weight loss though wot a nitemare im in ..

jannnne
08-01-09, 09:22
Yes, I have all of your symptoms, I have had H Pylori too, but these symptoms are different to H Pylori, they say its acid reflux, do I beleive them do I hell, xx Good Luck