PDA

View Full Version : Good news!!

jellybean43
07-01-09, 18:51
Hi
I posted a few weeks ago about a raised bit of skin/skin flap thing i have in my mouth.It is on the left hand cheek---up near what were my back teeth(Had these removed a few years ago as had a lot of problems with my teeth when younger!).

I had a check up today at the dentist and was really dreading going but MADE myself as i had convinced myself(as us HA sufferers do) that they would probably be sending me for a biopsy of something----I know this sounds crazy now but at the time it is sooo real isnt it?

When i got in to the room he asked me if all was ok(as they do) and i told him my worries. He took one look and said it is fine---it is a normal salivary gland which we have at both sides and that it will have been there forever. I said that i suffer HA and have definately become more body aware in the last year. He said that it may feel more noticeable now as sometimes as we get older(I am 44!!) things become more noticeable!!

Anyhow I am happy with is diagnosis and just wish i had gone before Xmas as that would have been one less worry!!!
Thanks everyone who has helped me on here over the past year. I am a lot better than I was as I have had CBT last year but i think HA will never go away completely.xx

Missy69
07-01-09, 18:57
Awwww well done for going and putting your mind at rest, and dont give up hope that ha wont go away completly, i believe it can !

Take care

sunshine-lady
08-01-09, 15:44
Well done!

I bet that was very scarry, but you did it and am pleased the dentist put your mind at ease xx