PDA

View Full Version : Sleep panic attacks??

april tones
07-01-09, 19:12
I should be experinced in panic by now but not having them for so long apart from odd one or 2 im left little confused!

im due to give birth in 7 weeks so gues you could say have reason to be anxious, even though 1st time round i coped well and had no pain relief or panic, i have been getting anxious but trying to bring stress levels down, well tjhought i was lol

Any way, last few nights i have woke up suddenly jolting up,heart racing,wheezy and breathless and really frightened me, is it panic does it sound?X

Reggie
07-01-09, 23:13
I think all most all heavily pregnant women get breathless, I certainly did and it's not a pleasant feeling the same with the heart racing, it's trying to do so much. I think when you have panic/anxiety, it would be hard to think it's not a symptom of panic - maybe it's these unpleasant sensations which are making you feel anxious (hope that makes sense).

Good luck with your baby.

pedropanic
09-01-09, 08:11
I think if I was going to give birth EVER I would be in a constant state of panic :)

This is a common symptoms of anxiety; waking with palpitations, sweating, fearful, breathless. I thinking it is always wise to at least discuss the symptoms with your doctor and determine if it is anxiety.

I can truly sympathise. I am still somewhat struggling with these mid-sleep attacks of racing heart and breathlessness, to the point where some nights I am terrified to go to sleep.

When and if it happens try to relax and not sit up in fright, that just make sit worse. Easier said than done, but try to relax, breathe deeply and consciously relax all your muscles. Your nervous system will soon get the message and your heart rate will fall, your breathing will loosen and you will fall back to sleep.

Like I said, easier said than done!!

Women are amazing; I think most men would agree we just wouldn't have the balls to go through with pregnancy!

april tones
09-01-09, 11:35
Thanks both of you!
it seems to have settled down now strangely enough! carrying on with the rescue remedy lots and lots and i havent had one for few nights now or is my pulse racing , thanks xxx