PDA

View Full Version : Exersicing?????

bubblefizz
07-01-09, 19:26
Ok i know we are supposed to exercise regular, but i dont and never have and the reason why is because of the physical body symptoms ie; legs wobbling, heart racing, then body aches :wacko:
i was on a prescription gym about 6 months ago and stopped because of the feelings i had "after" exercise, plus i was already anxious to start with.

so ive just bought myself a stepper so i can do it at home and i hated the feelings i had i managed 150 steps and that was it, heart racing, legs wobbling just that awful feeling and the same as a panic

what do others think about exercise??:huh:

rocklover
07-01-09, 21:09
Exercise is good because it will use up the excess adrenaline which is causing the palpitations and dizziness etc in the first place. However, take it slow at first, cos if you're not used to exercise you can pull muscles. Also you get the jelly leg feeling cos your muscles are not used to working hard.

Keep going, it will do you good, also releases endorphins that make you feel happy.

sunshine-lady
07-01-09, 21:25
Well done Angie!

Try setting yourself smaller goals and gradually build up from that, don't overdo things as it will put you off doing it again

:hugs:

Missy69
07-01-09, 21:39
Hiya angie,

I was the same, i use to spend my time thinking i was going to faint whilst i was doing it.

I just started to do it slowly day by day and am ok with it now.

I started by just dancing through a song on the radio, i use to think to myself " gosh all those people that go out boggying every week, all night long, one songs not going to kill me !" just ressuring myself lol

Then it just seems easier by the day

It is good for us, try and keep with it if you can hun

Utility
07-01-09, 22:22
Hi

As the previous posts have indicated it is a case of what ever is comfortable for yourself. It does not have to be marathon stuff, even just going for a walk can make all the difference in the world. I go the gym quite a lot and also do a good bit of swimming (which is excellent cardiovascular exercise and non load bearing on your muscles) but there are times when I find that a walk is just as good. Also, try and find something that you enjoy because it may feel less of a task as a result.

bel25
07-01-09, 23:32
Hiya
I think exercise is great and i'd reccommend it to anyone who suffers from panic attacks, it has helped mine enormously! After i recovered from them the first time i started going to the gym 3 times a week (the leaflets the therapist gave me said it can help) and i didn't have any panic attacks for about another 2 years (stress related). Also, when i started going to the gym, my heart skipped a beat some days but i didn't even think of it as panic at the time (didn't get this symptom) and put it down to getting used to exercise and i was right- they went away after a bit. As Utility said, everybody is different- find an exercise that you like doing and it'll feel less like a chore; you'll actually want to do it.
take care!
xxx

bubblefizz
08-01-09, 09:35
Thats reassuring thanks guys!
I did/do want to go for a little walk but i find it hard to go out on my own at the moment, hence why i got the stepper.

so will the feelings with exercise go away or will i just get used to it?

i just feel like im going into a panic when i exercise, speacially when my heart pumps harder and i only did 150 steps lol.

mickh555
21-01-09, 13:20
If you are unfit.Best to gradually build up to your goal.Start with 50 steps and add one a day.

Nechtan
21-01-09, 21:44
I'm on a walking regime at the moment to try to get fit again. The years of being housebound have played havoc with my fitness. So much so that I cannot physically walk very far because of the shape I am in.

Like yourself Angie my worst reactions come after the exercise. I can have a good walk, by my standards, but when I come back home and sit down then I get the problems. Usually it is breathing related.

It is important to exercise but it is also important not to push yourself too hard too quickly. Best to build up slowly and get you guage what you can do then build it up from there. Pushing yourself to do more than you have been doing too quickly only ends in problems- as i found out for the upteenth time today.

All the best

Nechtan

bel25
23-01-09, 19:41
Exactly! Need to build up how much exercise you do. Can't dive straight into it. Yes, the feelings of panic will go away.
xxx

sMINT
24-01-09, 13:40
Ive been getting these symptoms too lol. I thought it was just me and I was ill so this topic is very reassuring.

I went out for a jog once across the local playing fields but I had only ran no longer than 2 minutes and I was keeled over struggling to breath and thought I was going to die. I put it down to the cold air too as that makes it harder to breath.

I also rode my bike the other week and didn't get very far before feeling ill. Im going to start doing a lot more exercise though to burn off some adrenaline as all I do nowadays is sit in my car or sit at home.

unlimitedpotential
25-01-09, 07:34
Its amazing that others feel the same way. My first ever panic attack happened on the way home from the gym in my car. Now there is something in my head that makes me feel anxious after the gym to the point that I have avoided it a lot.

Utility
25-01-09, 12:53
Hi "unlimited potential"

Try not to avoid the gym, as you realise yourself, it will only feed your fear.

For about year I was sure I was going to drop down dead because of pains and feelings I would get during exercise. Even after getting the all clear from GP and Cardiloigst I was still convinced something was missed. It wasn't until I accepted that it was anxiety related that it calmed down a great deal.

I still get some pains at times, but now realise that it is a case of calming the anxiety and not fearing the heart attack. After my swimming or gym session I always feel great.