PDA

View Full Version : rough seas in LIFE,S storms

fairyfloss
07-01-09, 22:25
Hi everyone
before i start explaining a bit about myself,i want you all to know that i can already feel the warmth and genuine vibes i get from this website,how do i know this?well i was looking on this website the other night and reading messages and replies and reading the problems most of you were having,so i have plucked up courage and come to join you all:yesyes:
i dont want to moan on or sound like i am being morbid but lets face it,its what has got my anxiety levels up to what they are today!!
I am a mum of 2 sons.Thei dad use to beat me ,on 1 occasion he beat me and forced me to look in mirror and commented on how ugly i looked (with a swollen bruised face like mine,even i agreed) yes it sure looked awfull!
That was a turning point for me-GET RID-so i did LOL during the years symtoms have appeared one after the other,cheek of it eh,i never invited them and they never introduced themselves! LOL I didn,t know at the time that all this was anxiety manifestering itself.
my eldest son was sent to war in the Gulf about 6 years ago my nerves were awfull as i didn,t know wether he would come back alive but he did but i had to go doctor as my panic attacks were mental torture.Was given beta-blocker and anti-dep.Then my son was bottled in the face which severed artery and we nearly lost him.He has survived but my anxiety has taken a different direction now,it has left me foggy headed most of the time,poor concentration and feeling of not in reality and dull heavy heads most of the time.the past few years my vision has changed,lots of sparkle lights in my field of vision and blurred focus and everything i look at has got a haze over it.My eyes are looking at things but not absorbing it in???? had my eyes tested etc but things are ok.if there is anyone out there who can help me with this one,please do.My weapon so far has been HOPE and i will never give
that up.I am hoping that this website is going to be my light at the end of the tunnel. xx

suzy-sue
07-01-09, 23:23
:welcome: FAIRYFLOSS,GLAD YOU FOUND US.I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TERRIBLE TIME YOUVE HAD WITH ONE THING AND ANOTHER.ITS NO WONDER YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DO,THE ANXIETY CREEPS IN ,AND BEFORE WE KNOW IT IT STARTS FEEDING ON OUR FEARS LIKE A BEAST IN THE NIGHT[greedy little bug--r] WELL DONE FOR GETTING RID OF THE VIOLENT HUSBAND,I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM YEARS AGO BUT HAVE SINCE REMARRIED TO A REALLY CARING MAN THIS TIME.I ALSO HAVE TWO SONS AND WOULD HAVE COMPLETELY LOST THE PLOT IF ONE OF THEM HAD GONE TO A WAR ZONE ,SO GLAD YOUR SON CAME BACK SAFE. THE SYMPTOMS YOU ARE HAVING ARE COMMON WITH ANXIETY, [DEREALIZATION AND DEPERSONALIZATION ]ARE WHAT I THINK THEY ARE CALLED .HAVE YOU SPOKE TO YOUR DOC ABOUT THIS RECENTLY?AND ARE YOU STILL ON ANTIDERESSANTS?IVE BEEN ON CITLOPRAM FOR 3MONTHS &HAVE BEEN FEELING SO MUCH BETTER LATELY ,MY ANXIETY LEVELS ARE SO LOW I HARDLY KNOW THEY ARE THERE.AT ONE POINT ITHOUGHT ID NEVER GET OUT OF THE FOG ,BUT HERE I AM![rabbiting on]lol.YOUR RIGHT NOT TO GIVE IN OR GIVE UP HOPE ,WHATS THE ALTERNATIVE?.YOULL FIND THIS SITE REALLY HELPFUL .TAKE CARE BYE FOR NOW SUE :hugs: X:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

fairyfloss
08-01-09, 00:27
hi suzy-sue
gud to hear from you.yes thats my main at moment foggy head,dull heavy heads.got prescribed lofophromine(gamonnil)today doctor thinks they may help to clear head as anxiety is just that at momentspaced out and feeling not part of the surroundings!will that drug help with this?will my head ever clear up? x

spaced
08-01-09, 11:01
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

andie73
08-01-09, 11:29
Hi

:welcome: to NMP. You will find lots of help and support here. Hope to see you in chatroom sometime.

suzy-sue
08-01-09, 15:21
HI FAIRY,THE GAMONIL IS ADIFFERENT GROUP OF ANTIDEPRESSANTS CALLED TRICYCLIC,BUT WORK MUCH THE SAME AS THE SSRIs I AM ON.APPARRENTLY THEY ARE BETTER THAN AMITRIPTYLINE,WHICH IS OFTEN PERSCRIBED,THEY ARE MORE EFFECTIVE AND HAVE FEWER SIDE EFFECTS.HOPEFULLY YOU WILL START TO FEEL BETTER WHEN YOUR MOOD LIGHTENS AND YOUR DOSE IS RIGHT.BUT SOMETIMES THIS CAN TAKE AWHILE.WORTH IT IN THE LONG TERM.YOU WILL GET BETTER !ITS FINDING WHAT WORKS FOR YOU !.AS WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND RESPOND DIFFERENTLY TO MEDICATION .USUALLY TAKES AWHILE TO FEEL ANY IMPROVEMENT ,AS A LOT OF PEOPLE FEEL A BIT WORSE TO START WITH UNTIL YOU GET THEM IN YOUR SYSTEM.NOT EVERYONE FEELS LIKE THIS SO DONT WORRY. I TRIED MIRTAZAPINE FIRST BUT THEY DIDNT AGREE WITH ME,SO THEN I WAS GIVEN CITALOPRAM.I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK,FEEL FREE TO SEND ME PRIVATE MESSGE IF YOU WANT TO CHAT ANY TIME.TRY READING CLAIRE WEEKES BOOK AVAILABLE FROM THE N. M. P. SHOP CALLED SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES,WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHY YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DO.LOTS OF HUGS SUE:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Patty
08-01-09, 16:09
Hi Fairyfloss, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been through such a difficult time.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

sunshine-lady
08-01-09, 16:57
Hi Fairyfloss
:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Cherbear
10-01-09, 12:01
Welcome to NMP hun, you'll find lots of help here:hugs:xx

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:51
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

fairyfloss
12-01-09, 22:57
thanks to everyone for the warm welcome x