PDA

View Full Version : omg, I saw a wasp!!!

Purple Angel
08-01-09, 13:15
You'd think that December would be a pretty relaxed time for sometime who has a phobia of wasps wouldn't you? Well, on Boxing Day I saw a HUGE wasp in my mum's kitchen, it was huge!!! :ohmy: It really shook me up as I was off-guard, I don't normally start to stress until late spring! Luckily my mum was able to get rid of it for me as I don't normally carry my can of wasp killer spray with me in December :shrug:!

Anyway, I really just wanted to tell someone who understands what it means to be unexpectedly confronted with your biggest fear when you least expect it. Everything one else thinks I'm mad!:wacko:

jodie
08-01-09, 13:24
omg omg omg

i know how u must have felt eeek i would of ran of in a panic i hate em so much i even hate summer coz of them ,i start to think about it about now like omg i will have to go pick my little girl up from school and stand were wasps are i will not be able to open the windows and so on
i wish i could get over it but not a chance

jodie xx

Purple Angel
08-01-09, 13:34
Hi Jodie, I know what you mean, I never drive with the windows open in case one flies in and it's soooo embarrasing when you're picking your kids up and you suddenly start flapping your arms about and screaming the place down!! :blush:

Summer doesn't seem so far away now does it??

spaced
08-01-09, 13:48
a wasp in this weather are you sure i hate them spoil every summer cant have the windows open if i catch the bus there's sure be one on there with me thinking yeah you didnt pay your fare now i have to get off on walk. the worse one was last summer when myself and my daughter got in a taxi only to find ourselves trapped in a moving car with one of them. i have to laugh now at myself screaming stop this car and the look on the drivers face, must have thought he'd picked up a right pair of nutters.:)

purplehaze
08-01-09, 14:05
I spent a whole summer in my back garden carrying about a tennis racket in case a wasp came near me. Just the sound of one would send me running.
I once worked as a window cleaner and one flew up my jeans and stung me twice, I jumped off the ladders and ripped my jeans off, just to be confronted by the woman whose house it was. She dropped he washing and I am running after her jeans at my ankles trying to tell her why. Her husband came out and I explained the situation...Thankfully they both seen the funny side of it phewwwwww.

Kill them

For those who say just stand still...........well NO!!! That just makes me a target that does not move

lesleya
08-01-09, 15:03
Omg thats so strange you should say that. You know we were coming home last weekend past the church beside where i live and this huge...what i swear was a big bee flew past the windscreen..i swear it was..but i dismissed it because it was january, but my hubby said it might have been because of the change in the climate...so i dont know whether it was or not. So i dont think your mad. Weve got some butterflies here too! amazing..

bottleblond
08-01-09, 22:11
Wasp!....... did you say WASP? OMFG!!! :wacko:

Ewwwww! I had to live with them during last summer and i have the hugest phobia toward them. I had a nest just outside my bathroom wall and they were getting in. My bathroom was full of them every time i went in and eventually i had to call the 'men who know' in.

wallop it hun and hide lol

lisa
xxx