PDA

View Full Version : Feeling weak

jhz
08-01-09, 16:32
Hi,
Does anyone ever get to feeling weak all over? This happens sometimes and it scares me so bad. I wonder if this is anxiety or medication I'm trying to take(medication is Zoloft). I have taken it before for about 8 or more years. I went off of it at the end of 06' and have been taking very small doses since last month to get started back on it. I have been told that this small dose shouldn't effect me and I should even take a higher dose but I'm afraid to for some reason. I break a 25 mg. pill in about 4 or 5 pieces when I take it. This is ruining my life and I don't know what to do. Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,
Kay

Magik
08-01-09, 16:55
I"m on 50 mg Zoloft and I just started 4 days ago. I do sometimes feel weak but I also get very sleepy with it as well. .25 pill should have less of an effect on you, perhaps it might be anxiety about having to take meds again? I know I make it worse than what it has to be, working myself up, etc. Do you have any Xanax or perhaps ask your doctor to have some cause you need it till you get back onto a normal dosage maybe?

I found taking one about an hour, hour and a half before I take my zoloft helps. But good luck, wish you all the best!

Anxious_gal
08-01-09, 17:53
could be anxiety, or the medication or both or maybe you didn't eat.
do you feel anxious before you get weak?
did you have your blood sugar checked, like for hypoglycemia?
if it doesn't go away you could try changing your meds or changing them to see if they may be the cause.

jhz
08-01-09, 18:48
thanks all for the suggestions. I think I do get panicky b/f the weakness. I'm not sure. It scares me so bad i cant really remember what happens. I just wonder about the Zoloft. Everyone says it shouldn't do this but I also heard that some meds do different when you take them a 2nd time. I just have this fear of the meds killing me. Or what if its the Ativan? I feel like I'm going crazy. Thanks for listening.

Kay

Nechtan
08-01-09, 20:24
I'm not on medication but do experience this too. It is part of long term anxiety. The constant state of tension gets the nerves exhausted and leads to tiredness. It can be a prolonged thing or come in bouts. It may also be the medication, I don't know about that, but it is certainly an experience most people with long term anxiety can relate to.

All the best

Nechtan

LACEYA1961
08-01-09, 21:05
Hi, Kay...I feel weak every single day. Sometimes I start feeling a little more energetic towards the evening for some reason but from the time I get up until 4 or 5 in the afternoon I feel so exhausted. I know that anxiety, hormone imbalance and other factors are making this happen and I also know that if I could get myself to start excercising it would help but I feel so weak most of the time I can't. Also I have an imbalance problem (pulled to the right) so getting up and moving around is so very difficult for me.

Even though I know what causes the weakness and exhaustion it sure doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

Take care!

Lacey

kenboon
08-01-09, 23:27
I'm not on medication but do experience this too. It is part of long term anxiety. The constant state of tension gets the nerves exhausted and leads to tiredness. It can be a prolonged thing or come in bouts. It may also be the medication, I don't know about that, but it is certainly an experience most people with long term anxiety can relate to.

All the best

Nechtan

I'm exactly the same. I'm not on any meds, but i am often very weak and tired. I also get numbness in the head when i have had a bad week. I kind of fell emotionless if that makes sense. It does take a heck of alot out of your body and you do need to try and rest. At the same time you do need to try and keep active in both body and mind, but try not to over do it.

All the best

Ken

Nechtan
09-01-09, 12:02
I'm exactly the same. I'm not on any meds, but i am often very weak and tired. I also get numbness in the head when i have had a bad week. I kind of fell emotionless if that makes sense. It does take a heck of alot out of your body and you do need to try and rest. At the same time you do need to try and keep active in both body and mind, but try not to over do it.

All the best

Ken

Hi Ken,

Yes I feel that emotionless state too. Its sort of like depersonalisation.

I don't know about yourself but I get really agitated sometimes which heightens my anxiety a great deal. And the source of the agitation is usually down to that paradox of needing rest and needing to be active. So many times I have been sitting with my body telling me I need to rest and my mind telling me I need to go for a walk and I just get really agitated as a result. And nervous tiredness is the most horrible kind. Its not sort of soothing like the kind of tiredness you get through normal exercise. Its really grating.

All the best

Nechtan