PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure, dizzy, INTENSE FEAR, i googled:(

panicagain
08-01-09, 18:52
I got my blood pressure checked, it was 115/60, i'm not taking any meds and my blood pressure is normally 120/80, i've been dizzy for several weeks now and i googled:weep: ,,,,,seems it could be heart failure, severe blood loss and alot of other scarey things! I'm SO SCARED right now! What do i do? What could it be? I tried to get into the dr but they said it would be Feb. by the time i could get in, they said if it was serious go to the ER,,,Should i? I'm not really sure what to do. I don't have insurance so i can't just pop in to the ER anytime just for a check up cuz its expensive but i'm freaking out right now. Please Help me figure out what i should do:weep:

panicagain
08-01-09, 19:12
Just took blood pressure again and now its 104/54! :scared11: FREAKING OUT!!!:weep: :weep:

*D*
08-01-09, 19:15
Hello,

I am sorry you are feeling lousy, but I have to tell you, your blood pressure is fine. 115/60 is the ideal blood presure. you are probally getting dizzy from your anxiety. Please in the future do not google it just makes things worse. I have been a CNA for 14 years and your blood pressure is fine. You would be amazed how much your blood pressuer can change. Did you take it on one of the store machine, because if you did it says it right on the machine that your blood pressuer if vary up to 10 to 20 points. It is better to be low than high. Hope this make you feel better.

D

nomorepanic
08-01-09, 19:19
Your blood pressure is fine!!!

Dizziness is a symptom of anxiety and nothing more serious

If it is cos of the low blood pressure then drink more water that will help and make sure you stand up slowly.

My blood pressure is very low at the moment (80/50) so I know what it feels like.

panicagain
08-01-09, 19:43
Thank You for your replies:hugs: I have my own blood pressure monitor, my hubby was totally opposed to me getting it, he said it would make my anxiety worse, seems he was right but i NEVER thought i would have low blood pressure, i always thought that since i have anxiety it would be High. My heart rate is high (97) When i was pregnant 4 yrs ago i had problems with high blood pressure:wacko: . This anxiety is driving me CRAZY!

NervousNellie
08-01-09, 20:29
Is it possible that you could be dehydrated??? Sounds like you have the classic symptoms - low blood pressure, dizziness and elevated heart rate (although a heart rate of 97 is still within normal range). I suffer from dehydration and my heart rate has been up to 150 in the past - I found out when I was hospitalized for a fast heart rate that I was dehydrated. They tried to draw blood and my veins collapsed. I tend to hyperventilate a lot when I'm anxious and that seems to dry me out!

Try drinking a few glasses of water and/or some kind of electrolyte drink like Gatorade. That could be a simple solution to the way that you're feeling!! Give it a try - drinking water never hurt anybody! :)

Utility
09-01-09, 00:02
Hi

Even having your blood pressure taken can temporarily alter it. Your husband is correct please don't use home machines it will only make you worry for no reason.

Alisonj
09-01-09, 02:00
Totally normal BP, actually very healthy. The lower your BP (to a point) the better. Before I stopped taking my meds mine was 80/40 and I had not passed out. Just relax, its defintely the anxiety causing your symptoms.

Socalneurotic
09-01-09, 02:10
Googling is the worst thing you can do. I have been banned by my hubby and therapist from googling anything as I always convince myself I have whatever dreaded thing that I find. Also, I sympathize with checking your BP regularly. I check my temp all the time and freak out if it is at all above normal that I am getting some horrible infection. Through googling today ( I know) I read that anxiety can cause a low-grade fever (mine is 99.1) So I took that as good info I hope. Good Luck!