PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever got over emetophobia

pudds84
08-01-09, 22:28
Hi everyone im new and i'v been suffering with emetophobia for almst 9 years. i have exactly the same fears and symptoms as most of the other emets and over the past few months my symptoms/fear has reached an all time high.

i have started hypnothearpy and am 5 sessions in and am still very doubtful of finding the route cause. i'm going to keep going with it as im to scared/hopeful not to.

Anyway i was just wondering if there is anybody out there who has beaten emetophobia as sometimes i feel so hopeless.

Be great to speak to anyone in the same situation.:weep:

HighwayMiles
09-01-09, 07:57
I'm listening in because I'm right there with you. :weep:

I've gotten really bad in the last few months. I can't keep this up. I want my life back. My marriage is rocky because of it. I'm afraid I'm messing up my kid. I just want it to STOP. I'm not a fearful person. If a bear ran through the room right now I'd be calm and courageous and I'd deal with it. Bring on the bear! No problem! But an invisible germ? Forget it!

bugglesbeth
10-01-09, 22:02
I am with you too pudds. I have suffered since age of about 10, but hynotherapy tells me it goes back to when I was 3. I am 20 now nearly 21. I have reached breaking point, I have finished an 8 session course of hypno and have to go back in 5-6 weeks for 1 last session. Therapist is very hopeful I am afraid I am not so optimistic. I have problems at work because of it and my job is currently in the balance because of this terrible phobia taking over my life. I would lve to talk to you, fellow person who understands.
Feel free to personal message me.
Bethan x