PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to me?

cazzmatazz
08-01-09, 23:10
Something strange has just hapened and I still feel like it now :-S

Was in the kitchen talking to my housemate when suddenly I felt by breath go a bit funny. I noted it in my head then suddently felt very light headed then my body felt very weak and my head felt heavy. Then I started to feel like I was seriously going to faint/dizy/weak feeling like I was about to drop. The lighting in the room went fuzzy and my vision is blurry.

Im now sat on the sofa but shaking slightly. My breathing is fine. But I still feel weak with dodgy vision and dizzy/faint ARGH

I am assuming this is a panic attack? I have SVT but I doubt it is that as heart rate is steady. I have had chest pain for the last 3 days and tingling down my left arm but have had this before and put it down to anxiety as i have it alot and ecg's have always come back fine.

I feel like poop - should I just go to bed?

Sorry to parp on
Cazz

kenboon
08-01-09, 23:22
Hi

It does sound like anxiety. This page may help you abit http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms It covers the symptoms you have described and explains as to why they occur. With an anxiety disorder you can have some of the symptoms of a panic attack without having a full blown attack.

Best bet is to try and get your head down and recharge because it does take it out of you.

Hope your feeling better soon.

Ken

cazzmatazz
08-01-09, 23:25
Thankyou very much for your help!

Cazz

mandie
08-01-09, 23:37
Hi Cazz

Does sound like anxiety

This is exactly how i get when im anxious and panicky.

Try and get some sleep and hopefully u will feel better in the morning.

love mandie x

cazzmatazz
08-01-09, 23:39
Thank Mandie! Currently celeb big brother is helping me relax - hehehe

Just wish this chest pain would go away - 3 days now is getting a bit extreem! grrrrr

Cazz

kenboon
08-01-09, 23:41
This page may help you too http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2963 But i think understanding why the symptoms occur and to know that their not harmful is half the battle.

All the best

Ken

Patty
09-01-09, 03:58
Hi Cazz, :)

This is the way that I also feel with panic & anxiety. I have to keep reminding myself that it's anxiety & panic and that nothing 'bad' is going to happen.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

mandie
09-01-09, 09:31
Hi Cazz

Hope u are feeling better today

Mandie x

feels_like_home
10-01-09, 14:15
I get this too. I have a hard time describing it to other people, but you explained it well. I have to remind myself it is anxiety and not focus on it as it makes it much worse. Hope you are feeling better today.