PDA

View Full Version : CBT

Socalneurotic
09-01-09, 03:13
How exactly is CBT different from seeing a therapist? I was seeing a therapist for 2 months and did not seem to be getting anything out of it, though with my recent "bad day" today, I am going back in tomorrow, if nothing, to have soeone to talk to that does not just tell me I am fine and to relax!

Dominic1975
09-01-09, 03:17
CBT is like a workshop.... they will give you techniques on how to cope when you get an attack and will also set you task to completed between sessions.... it doesnt work for everyone, but it help me to a certain degree

Socalneurotic
09-01-09, 05:48
Thanks for the info

pilot590
09-01-09, 09:08
hi im currently doing cbt ive had six sessions so far but to be quite honest i dont think that it is any good it dosent tell you anything you dont already know ive four sesions left which i will continue with and hope for some improvment
all the best
baz

jobear
09-01-09, 13:05
hey

im doing CBT at the moment.. only done 2 sessions. it doesnt work for everyone. but it has a high success rate for people with HA, good luck!

Socalneurotic
09-01-09, 23:22
Is there a particular type of therapist who does this??? Is it the standard deep breathing, imagry, relaxation stuff?