PDA

View Full Version : doctors app

vikkij21
09-01-09, 07:57
I have a dr appointment at 9.30 to talk about my anxiety, and im in a panic at the thought of it, can't help thinking she is going to tell me there is something seriously wrong with me, can't wait to get it over with, god this is awful. xx

Dominic1975
09-01-09, 09:06
good luck....
Your doctor should run some test, which are for non serious illnesses that may impact your anxiety.... If they come back ok, hopefully they can get you some therapy to help you on your way
well done for taking the step to go to the doctor.... your on your road to recovery

House fan
09-01-09, 09:21
I don't think your doctor will run any test whatsoever. He/She will have a conversation with you, and make a diognosis based on that alone. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, trust me.

House.

vikkij21
09-01-09, 10:09
well back from the drs, she was lovely, just sat and listened, has given me some self help books to read, and got to go back in 4 weeks to see how im doing, if no better will look at other options, I feel a bit better just for going, fingers crossed it's going to be a good day xx

hm1177
09-01-09, 10:41
well done for going. I'm still trying to pluck up the courage! Can I ask how you started the conversation? Did u just get straight to the point?

Missy69
09-01-09, 10:44
well done vikki, Hope you feel better soon

helen26
09-01-09, 10:56
well done xx

spaced
09-01-09, 11:54
welldone glad your doc was okay
hm1177 make the appointment you've nothing to worry about i'd get straight to the point just say how you are they've heard it all before.

vikkij21
09-01-09, 12:51
hm1177, yes I just went in and told her exactly how I was feeling, started by saying that I was having anxiety attacks and was fed up of feeling scared all the time and it went from there, she was fantastic asked a few questions but mostly listened till I was finished. You should deffinatly go to your dr, like I said it has helped me just by going, I feel like I have taken some of the control back, it's a positive thing, i am trying to focus on the positve and nothing else. I hope you work up the courage to go, they are there to help xxx

Nechtan
09-01-09, 13:35
That is great. You must have a good GP as alot of them would not think to give you self help books never mind listen. That is just the sort of thing you need.

And well done for getting through the appointment. The apprehension is the worst part. I actually had to get my GP out so well again well done in pushing yourself to go there.

All the best

Nechtan

bex1970
09-01-09, 17:18
I think you're really brave doing that - well done. It's a big step. Hopefully it will help your anxiety and thank goodness you have a good GP.
x