PDA

View Full Version : Self destruct

Sax
04-07-05, 15:42
[:I]

I know alcohol and anti Ds don't mix, I feel sick, shaky and panicy far more after drinking - so why can't I stop? I know why because I don't want to think about being depressed! I hate the feelings, they frighten me and I can't tell people how I feel! I know i am just talking aloud, sorry felt the need but maybe if I write the words alcohol and anti Ds in the same sentence my sensible head may kick me and say 'don't do it'

Anyway, thank you for listening!!!

Sax

samjane
04-07-05, 15:49
Hi Sax i have to say been there done that, i felt when i was drinking just for that short time i felt normal. in the end i knew i just had to stop as it was makeing my situation worse.

all i did was stopped buying the drink even that was hard walking into a shop and walking past the wine was very hard but all i kept thinking was "thats Anxiety in a bottel" once you can stop for a few days you will see that its not so hard.

just give it ago u will see that in just a short time you will start to fell better.

Love & Light

Sam xx

seh1980
04-07-05, 15:50
hi Sax,

No, they don't mix very well!! I stopped drinking when I had panic attacks because alcohol really makes me feel anxious but other people find that a few drinks help calm them down. I guess it really depends how much you drink. Maybe you could try cutting down really slowly..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Sax
04-07-05, 15:54
Hi Sam and Sarah,

I have to say giving up feels too out of reach, cutting down slowly sounds an awful lot more achievable! i'll have to have a serious think about it!

Meg
04-07-05, 16:24
Sax,

You talk aloud as much as you like ..it does help .

You are certainly not alone in the anxiety/ alcohol/ depression circle. I once read a paper on AA in that it was thought that up to 65+% of members at any one time were anxiety/ depression sufferers self medicating.

Its a hard step to take..

Alcohol : alcohol and panic-do they mix? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2409)
Alcohol and meds : Alcohol and medication (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2143)
MEDS AND ALCOHOL (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1068)
PTSD and Alcohol (UPDATE) (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3899)
Alcohol? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Sue K with 5
04-07-05, 18:52
Hi Sax

We spoke last night! do you remember ?? I was hoping that you might have stayed away from the alcohol today, I know how difficult it must be for you, but like I said last night - those beautiful children you have need you and I really dont want to see you hurt yourself anymore than you are already doing.

This is a really great site with some exceptional people on it and I am sure that they will support you during the worst times of you depression, but you must realise that drinking whilst in charge of children could end up having devestating effects and I dont want to see anything happen to you or those children

Good Luck Sax and as a mom of five children I do know how tought it is bringing up children especially when they have difficulties just keep focused

Take Care

Sue with 5

scknight

Sax
04-07-05, 19:15
yeah well failed again then haven't I!!

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 19:41
Sax

You haven't failed atall. I drink more than I should on occasions and yes sometimes I get panicky too with a hangover though I am much more tolerant nowadays as I don't generally have too much panic or anxiety.

I would suggest halving the booze intake and not buying more than you want to drink in one evening.

Cut down and make each glass last a bit longer each day.

Good luck!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sal
04-07-05, 22:15
Sax

It isnt easy and i know that. I have cut down on drinking but it hasnt being easy and the nights i havent had a drink have being hard work. Take it slowly and do it at whatever pace suits you. Noone can judge for doing that. We can all say stop drinking now but it doesnt work like that and i do understand how hard it is. To me i suddenly lost the prop that helped me cope and then i had to do it alone. You are not alone as i understand and take your time and i will help you all i can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Sax
05-07-05, 04:21
Thanks for the replies,

I do realise that if I went around drunk the whole time then the children wouldn't be cared for properly - it isn't like that Sue so you make it sound like I'm drinking from the moment I get up, not looking after them properly????!!!

I adore them, never ever drink and drive, don't drink til the evening and quite frankly wish I'd never mentioned it!

I don't want to be judged just becasue I have a drink of an evening and have realised that with anti Ds it doesn't mix!

And nothing is going to 'happen' to my children - I look after them and will continue to do so!

samjane
05-07-05, 08:11
Hang in there Sax. i dont judge u for 1 moment, like i said i have been there i would drink 1 or 2 bottles of wine in the pm. I still have a drink now and then.

you r a very strong person i am sure and if having a drink relaxes u and u r not putting any 1 in danger then thats fine. As for the anti D's (i am not a doctor) my doctor informed me that it just stops them from working as well. so take your time b well and b happy.

Love & Light

Sam xx [^]

Sax
05-07-05, 08:58
Thank you samjane, I appreciate your comments, thanks!

Meg
05-07-05, 15:10
Sax,

In no way are you failing in this as having the intention and wanting to do something about it is a big step in itself.

Many people do drink with antidepressants and some it affects in a big way and others it doesn't really affect at all.

The sick shaky and panicky may also be helped by ensuring you are eating well to maintain a stable blood sugar.

You take care and hope today is ok for you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...