PDA

View Full Version : norovirus...

amu
09-01-09, 10:28
I just caught this f... noro from my 4-year-old son. It's a great thing to have when you already worry about bowel cancer... :huh: I absolutely hate being sick, it's one of the worst symptoms of all symptoms on the world. Another one is diarrhoea and now I have both. :doh:

countrygirl
09-01-09, 11:51
I sympathise as last april my husband and I both caught some evil gastro bug the likes of which I have never experienced and I have had quite a few over the years. We had awful flu symptoms and high temp plus diarrhea that was like a tap ( sorry for info!). I was very sick but husband just felt very sick.
We also kept fainting when we moved around which for first 2 days was not much due to having to live in the bathroom about 6 inches from toilet.

We recovered in a week but boy was it nasty.

amu
09-01-09, 14:56
i have similar and i am at home looking after my 4-year-old today as he's been ill too, luckily he is better now. when i'm sick it comes like a waterfall, i can't even keep water down while i feel very thirsty. what should i drink so it doesn't come back up???

belle
09-01-09, 15:01
Just sips...
Don't gulp it :)

x

amu
09-01-09, 17:53
but I'm sooo thirsty! :blush:Had some Coke as I was craving it... it stopped me throwing up. I know it's the unhealthiest thing ever but it calmed my stomach.

bab
09-01-09, 21:59
sip water throughout the day and also have some very flat coke - the potassium in that is good - a doc once told me to do that if u have sickness - open a can and let it go flat - but also keep sipping the water

amu
10-01-09, 10:30
Thank you, the coke thing really works. Strange! I've never heard of this before, but my body wanted it. :)

Jan63
10-01-09, 12:28
When my young daughter was sick a couple of years ago the nurse at our doctors surgery told me to give her coke because its got all the right things in it and it worked - she felt a lot better.:)

angietomjimandcass
12-01-09, 13:15
Flat coke help also take a prebiotic.