PDA

View Full Version : acid reflux symptoms?????

bytheby
09-01-09, 11:18
lease can someone tell me the symptoms of reflux is it when u feel the food u eat is not going down properly or really slowly i also have a burning sensation inbetween my chest and thru to my back i have had my gallbladder out already and a hiatus hernia so could this be my problem some advice would be great thanku:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Nechtan
09-01-09, 14:11
Hi,

Heartburn is definitely a symptom of Acid Reflux which would explain the burning sensation. It can also lead to having problems swallowing but that can also be other things- for example Globus Hystericus. Neither is harmful so I hope that puts your mind at rest. The likes of indegestion can just be down to what you are eating but when we are anxious our digestive system can also work in unusual ways.

All the best

Nechtan

bytheby
09-01-09, 23:26
Thanks v much for your replying trying to change my diet hopefully will work thanks again

schwarav
12-01-09, 02:30
I suffer terribly from Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or (GERD). The Acid Reflux is when (usually) the sphincter located at the top of my stomach, the lower esophageal sphincter, malfunctions, allowing for stomach contents, including stomach acids, to rise up your Esophagus. I take Prilosec for it, and it works very well.

Also, I had to change my diet. I cut down on caffeines, chocolate, smoking (almost), sodas, fatty & fried foods, tomotoe based foods (spaghetti sauces, salsas, pizza), and spicy food in general. I also cut down heavily on Alcohol as that is a MAJOR contributor.

I also try to always have antacids on me. Tums, calcium tablets, alka selter, pepto bismal. If you do have actual acid indigestion, I HIGHLY recommend Prilosec. It works very well, stops the indigestion, AND heals the asophagus in the process. Also, it is over-the-counter.

Good luck!