PDA

View Full Version : Funny Head!!!!

MVP123
09-01-09, 11:59
Hello all, and I hope everyone is feeling ok today, just feel like having a bit of a moan myself today. How long is this funny head thing supposed to last, cause I’ve had it off and on now for 6 months and I am on medication. I get headaches, dizziness, pressure, just general funniness, only it’s not funny.

Does anyone else find that everytime they are feeling funny they have to analyse it and find the reason for it, especially when you haven’t been stressed for a while, these are all my reasons:

It’s my medication (been on citalopram for 9 weeks now)
It’s because I’m tired
It’s because my periods due (ladies only)
There must be a problem with my ears
There must be a problem with my sinuses
It’s because my hair is tied back
It’s because I’m hungry
The list could go on and on

Don’t you keep thinking all the time that there is absolutely no way that all these symptoms are anxiety related, they can’t be.

How long have other people had problems with their head for???

nanny
09-01-09, 14:21
HI MVP

I think you'll find that the answer to your last question is YES!!!
This anxiety causes all kinds of symtoms, the list is never ending, as for the funny head that is one of the main symptoms.
It honestly can cause loads of things, please don't waste time and get even more anxious by sitting there thinking about all these symtoms as it doesn't help and will only send you mad thinking about it all.

I suffer sever anxiety amongst other things so i know what it's like, i'm also a good one for giving advice but never taking my own.:)

Try not to worry please, and just get on here and have a good old moan, that in itself helps.:hugs:

House fan
09-01-09, 14:27
Hi MVP

This is very common among those with HA, you are definately not alone on this one. Health anxiety forces the sufferer to examine the body on a regular basis, looking for things out of the ordinary, or things that aren't quite right, or even worse.... an underlying disease that has decided to raise it's ugly head. The sufferer spends many hours of the day completely focussed on whats wrong with their body, cursing the fact that it always seems to be them that has to experience these terrible afflictions, and that everyone else seems to be getting on with their lives, quite happily!

We always look for reason! Why do I feel like this? How quick is my heart beating now? Is that my glands swollen again? Where does this internal trembling come from? Why am I constantly exhausted? Why is everyone else I know 'normal', and I'm not?!

The truth is, that we have been 'fooled' by our nerves for quite some time, years, in many cases, and the body is now reluctant to let go of the sensitised state we find ourselves in. We worry constantly about our health, utterly convinced that deep down there is something very seriously wrong with us, and that no-one else understands us, even our doctors don't believe us.... RIGHT?

Some of us feel absolutely terrible in the morning, wondering just how they are going to get through the day at work. The thought of 'acting normal' to colloagues who certainly wouldn't understand the first thing about our 'terrible afflictions', is just too much to bear. However, we somehow manage to battle through, and come 5 pm, we return home feeling a bit better than this morning. (because work has taken some of our attention away from our minds)

After our evening meal however, these feelings start to get worse again, and once again we look inside ourselves for answers, maybe we may start googling our symptoms once more, just to see if we missed something yesterday. And of course, come bedtime, we are so wound up with worry, and with the fact that we now have yet another disease we have read about, that getting to sleep is impossible. Why is life so cruel to me, I used to be care free and healthy, what have I done to deserve all this?

Make no mistake about it, HA is taking up far too much of our time, and it depletes our quality of life so much. Yet by understanding the way the human body works, and by truly accepting that there is in fact nothing physically wrong with us, and by allowing our body the the time to re-udjust, recovery is 100% certain.

It's the truly accepting part which can prove the most difficult!

Sorry for the rant.

House.

Missy69
09-01-09, 15:12
That was a really good read house, you just put it all bacl into perspective for me !

MVP, this is one of the first symptoms i ever got, and is the last one to go also. Its probably the worst one for me, because i am so much better now, than ever before, but this has to have been the toughest one to deal with.

It does go though, honestly, i just had to get along with my day and just let it be there for a while. Dont question it or worry about it.

Easier said than done i know.

fairyfloss
11-01-09, 19:23
hi MVP. i am a new member and its opened my eyes as to how many people are suffering the same things as me! this is one of my symtoms also,and like yourself,i am always trying to anylise things then i feel worse! lets try and think pos" (know thats easy said than done) but its a start. wish you well x

MissChampers
13-01-09, 13:53
I've had a funny head with a feeling of pressure and ringing in the ears on and off for a couple of months now. I ignored it at first but I made the mistake of googling and now i'm convinced i've got a tumour.