PDA

View Full Version : can any1 help..??

leesavee
09-01-09, 15:09
hi..im new to this forum after reading many peoples views on panic...
generally i got anxiety before flying but that was it really until 3 weeks ago and i took my first panic attack which lasted hours..i firstly thought it was a vomiting bug and then realised with my symtons what it was..ive been off work 3 weeks now and althought my panic attacks have reduced(due to citalopram and diasapam) i feel im constantly anxious and i worry about going outside..ive bought self help books but still feeling anxious..its really hard for me to sit at the doctors waiting room..is this normal and will i get through this..??

leesavee
09-01-09, 18:48
hope so...just feels asif its a constant battle..i read claire weekes book and found it helpful but im still feeling anxious throughout the day even if it isnt a panic attack and it isnt nice.. ive took disapam before going to the doctors it relieves me abit but not fully..what have your experience been like..?

Huntj
09-01-09, 19:08
Hi Leesavee

What you are experiencing are the common symptoms of a panic attack......welcome to the club.....not what you want to hear I know......but seriously you are not alone and nothing bad will happen to you......

You just have to believe that.........

Keep well and try to stay focused.......impossible I know but it is the only way you can keep your mind in its rightful place......you will find that the panics become less and less........

:hugs:

bel25
09-01-09, 22:59
Huntj is right, all that is symptoms of panic and i know it's not nice but trust me when i say you WILL get better, i have felt like you do now and i'm fine. Believe that nothing is wrong with you and you'll be fine. If you dwell on it you'll keep thinking about it and it'll consume you and because you're waiting for it to happen again it will. I had a panic attack yesturday and today but it was only momentarily as i didn't dwell on it. I just thought "that's a panic attack" and then got on with what i was doing/thinking. If you try and apply this every time it will make you feel more in control. Or if you're not in this mode yet, if you're with someone when you panic talk to them as a distraction or if you aren't with anyone phone someone for a general chat (in both cases not about anxiety) and concentrate on that indstead- i did this when i was in a bad way and it helped me. Hope you're feeling better soon.
take care!
xxx

leesavee
10-01-09, 23:50
bel..ive started doing this..telling myself its only a feeling and its helped my panic attacks but hasnt stopped the anxiety..im afraid to go too far away from home..home seems like a safe place for me..are you compleltly over this and how long did it take to recover..?xxx