PDA

View Full Version : Found a good book to help with health anxiety!

willtheconk1998
09-01-09, 15:59
I have just bought a book it is called: "It's not all in your head" (How worrying about your health could be making you sick) and have started reading it. I have found it really interestingand informative.
Hopefully it can help me get a handle on all this health anxiety I have and I am hoping if I can reduce my health anxiety I can reduce the number of ectopics I get too.
I had a bad bout of flu this week and fast heart rate and ectopics.
My heart rate has settled but I am still getting anything from 1 to 8 ectopic beats in a minute depending what i am doing and it is driving me nuts!!
Hopefully this book and feeling better will get me back to as normal as i can get.
Just thought I would let you know about the book :)

fairyloveheart
09-01-09, 16:09
Spooky, my copy just arrived from amazon today, I haven't started reading yet, that's this evening's excitement!
I keep ringing the docs today to get my blood test results which are there but the gp hasn't looked at them! I wish they'd hurry up!

willtheconk1998
09-01-09, 16:25
Please let me know how you get on with your bloods.
I think this book will need to be read over a few times.
Don't try to rush it looking for quick fixes it will take time to change thinking patterns etc.

fairyloveheart
10-01-09, 12:54
I agree, I had a flick and at first glance thought, well this won't work there is 'something' wrong with me...(!) I agree it needs some dedicated time.
Got some bloods back all ok awaiting Thyroid(worried about that one) and B12.
x
You ok?

june
10-01-09, 13:46
PLEASE:blush: when you recommend a book can you give the author??
Thank you
june
:hugs:

sunshine-lady
10-01-09, 14:05
I would be interested to hear what you think about the book, I don't have HA, however a friend has it pretty bad and it would be nice to be able to recommend a book which addresses HA.

Thanks xxx