PDA

View Full Version : anyone else

bluewoman
09-01-09, 16:11
i find myself like when i am on my space or facebook and see everyone making all their happy carefree comments or especially a pic of them looking happy and normal.. it almost makes me feel sick because i cannot picture myself like that anymore without having all this anxiety!!

that used to be sooo me a couple years ago i wish i knew what happened??

Deepest Blue
09-01-09, 16:18
I know exactly how you feel that's why I don't tend to look at the notifications, but it's hard if people send me something I have to pass through their profile sometimes. I just try to avoid reading the comments or looking at the pictures.

Lisa_M
09-01-09, 16:27
Just remember that people are only going to put good photos of themselves on when they look happy, and they arent going to admit it even if they are going through hard times. Most people want to portray themselves as having great lives and make themselves sound like their lives are fabulous, its all about other peoples perception of them.

Deepest Blue
09-01-09, 16:30
Just remember that people are only going to put good photos of themselves on when they look happy, and they arent going to admit it even if they are going through hard times. Most people want to portray themselves as having great lives and make themselves sound like their lives are fabulous, its all about other peoples perception of them.

Yes that is absolutely true, I know that on my friends list there's a number of people who have anxiety and depression but they look happy and everything's wonderful when I know that it's not always the case. I would say that my profile is probably neither here or there, it's certainly not showing pictures of everything so wonderful but at least I am smiling in the pictures I do have up !

Dazo
09-01-09, 17:10
Hey, i know what you mean!

I also wonder what happened with me and my personality.

Hope 2
10-01-09, 20:30
Hi Bluewoman

Don't compare yourself to others this way, it won't help you.
Many people can look/appear like they are on top of the world.
I can, only the truth is I can be dying inside.
Try to focus on recovering and finding yourself again.

Take Care,
Julia