PDA

View Full Version : Donations and NMP shop purchases to help fund the site.

nomorepanic
09-01-09, 18:59
As some of you will be aware I have been very lucky over the past 7 years in that Alex's (my partner) company provided us with a server that we could run NMP from and this was free of charge.

The only other costs I have paid are domain name renewals, VBulletin yearly fee (for this forum), quiz prizes, postage costs for flyers and advertising material, chat room cost, up-front costs of shop items etc.

If you have ever tried to host a website somewhere you will appreciate how costly it can be if you want unlimited disk space, bandwidth, 24x7 support, full access to the server etc etc.

Since December we were no longer able to host NMP on one of Alex's company servers so we have had to pay another company to host the site for us. The cost for this is £125 per month :ohmy:

Alex and I are sharing this cost between us equally as he has a website that he wanted hosting as well. This means that as from December last year I am now paying £62 per month to run NMP.

I am currently off work sick and my employers only give me full pay until March this year and after that I am waiting to hear if I qualify for an insurance policy that will pay me 75% of my salary. I have no idea when I will be back at work as I am still waiting to see if I need an operation for the Crohn's. This could mean that money becomes limited for me like many of you out there.

I have never charged anything to join NMP or allowed any form of advertising or sponsorship and the site has run since 2001 purely from my pocket and from any donations and more recently from shop sales.

I appreciate that money is tight for everyone at the moment but if you can in any way help then please let me know.

You can donate by clicking on the "Donate" tab at the top of this page or you can purchase items from the NMP shop (click on "NMP shop" link on the left hand side or go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop)). I do not make a huge profit from the shop but do have some lovely items for sale on which I make a small profit but every little helps.

You do NOT need a Paypal account to donate or purchase items from the shop and I can also accept cheques etc. Even a book of postage stamps would help out.

Please do not feel that you have to donate to stay on NMP but if you would like to contribute then it would be much appreciated and I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance and a HUGE thanks to everyone that has donated in the past - it is much appreciated.:yesyes:

Dawn2
09-01-09, 19:15
Dear Nic
I am more than happy to help with cost's I will check my finances and see what I can do.NMP has been my life line for quite some time and I would be lost with out it.
Yours
Dawn

honeybee3939
09-01-09, 19:48
Nic

I have just donated using the donation button, its not alot Nic but i hope it helps. I owe this site so much, thankyou for making this site possible for us to seek help and support in our battles against anxiety.

Hope things are improving for you too Nic and your on the mend hun:hugs: .

:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

tracy.splosh
Dear Nic

Firstly, you and Alex must not get yourself into debt to keep NMP going. It wouldnt be fair to you both.

Secondly, we obviously need to think of a way to help you, maybe a very small donation say monthly/annually off all active members. It could be a very small fee, but any little would help.

How many members are active at the moment Nic?

How about some other ideas????? Im sure that something will come about to help you.

Lastly, dont stress over this. We want you better.

Love Tracy x

clickaway
Even though I hardly use the site now, I cannot begin to describe how it helped me through my dark days not so many years ago.

Nic and Alex - you do a great job here as well as financing most of it and I'm more than happy to throw a few coins in the fountain.

Take Care,

nikk_dolittle
09-01-09, 21:08
Hi Nic,

Thank you for all you do for us.

I am willing to send you something, But havent got a card. Can I post you a cheaque?

if so can you email me your addy or an addy to send it too.
Thanks
Nikk xx

bab
09-01-09, 21:54
I would be happy to pay a small annual fee I think so many people use the site so hopefully it would only be a small amount for everyone to pay and you have put so much work in its not fair if you have to keep paiying by yourself

titch
09-01-09, 22:01
I agree with bab, i am too willing to pay a fee annualy, let me know... hugs... nic you and alez are definatly stars.if it wasnt for this site i would be lost among so many others... XxX

StandFree1903
09-01-09, 22:05
Nic

If it wasnt for this site I would not be as strong as I am now!

I would me more than glad to help with any donations needed to this site. :)

Anything for those who have helped me.

Pamii

xx

Piglet
09-01-09, 22:14
Even though I hardly use the site now, I cannot begin to describe how it helped me through my dark days not so many years ago.

Nic and Alex - you do a great job here as well as financing most of it and I'm more than happy to throw a few coins in the fountain.

Take Care,

Yep I echo what Ray has said and will make donation via paypal.

Love Piglet :flowers:

pooh
10-01-09, 00:22
More than happy to donate Nic! I'll make it a monthly thing on pay day! Hope it helps you out a little.

Pooh x

sunshine-lady
10-01-09, 00:45
I have made a small donation, not much for what I get from this site. I will donate more when I can.

Come on everyone, even during this credit crunch we still can all spare a couple of quid now and then to support such a wonderful site!

Many thanks Nicola & Alex

alexis
10-01-09, 01:11
Hi Nic, I will gladly donate , will watch this space for next few days, perhaps people paying £5 to join would help,. I would have gladly paid more than that, Ive definitly had more than my 5 pounds worth in the last few years, take care.xxxx

honeybee3939
10-01-09, 10:10
NIc

This is just a thought but i have been thinking about the sittuation since you posted this thread to try and think of ways so you dont have to fund the site out of your own pocket.

Im not realy in the know about chartys but could you register Nomorepanic has a charity with the Charity Commision UK? You are offering a public service which is one good reason why Nomorepanic could be registered, also been a charity you would be exempt from paying any VAT on costs and claim vat back on goods you have purchased for the shop and also you could apply to the National Lottery funding for help in costs for running the site.

Im note sure if you have been down this avenue before but thought it was worth mentioning.:)

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

lainey
10-01-09, 10:34
Hi Nicola

I will send you a donation as I don't have a pay pal account, I have certainly had more than my moneys worth over the last few years. Perhaps we could organise some sort of fund raisers regionally to raise some money, just a thought, I am willing to help in any way for this wonderful site.
Hope you are feeling a little better
Take care
Lots of love

Elaine x

MOJO
10-01-09, 10:37
Dear Nic,
I only recently joined your wonderful website and have only posted 1 or 2 messages but have browsed it for a long time. It's been an absolute lifesaver for me and I'm more than willing to donate something to help you keep going.
Thank you so much for all you do.

lorac
10-01-09, 12:00
Hi Nic

I would be glad to donate to this great site, it has helped me so much. I shall be donating today and will do so each month.

Carol x

Paddington
10-01-09, 12:34
I have donated hun.and think a annual fee would be a good idea hun..you cant pay for this yourselves:ohmy: ..also the charity status idea from hunny bee is a good idea too..We just want you well:flowers: Love Paddington.xxxxxxx

june
10-01-09, 13:58
Hi, please do not make people pay to join:ohmy:
I would never have been able to get the help i have had from anywhere else:weep:
I will gladly send what i can:blush:
I think that most of us have taken the site for granted:blush:
If you pop in this request maybe every 6 months?? - just to remind us that a donation is needed i'm sure that will generate a lot of help:blush:
With all our problems we come here in desperation never thinking of any cost inccurred - So Sorry for the oversight:hugs:
June
Sorry - also promote your shop it was ages before i found it.

kate
10-01-09, 17:54
I've made a small donation.

Kate

abacus01b
10-01-09, 18:25
I am in some ways lucky i guess in the fact I have a sucessful business. I have been in you position also in the past. I was even bankrupt which I can tell you is very hard mentally.
I now find myself in a situation that many would say is where they would want to be but I also know it doesnt help your mind.
Anyway I would be willing to help but would need more information and you thought on the sites future projection etc.

I wish you the best and hopfully can help you step up you work to a level that will reach more.

Abacus

alexis
10-01-09, 21:23
Hi june, paying to join was only a suggestion, I suppose now I think about it not a very good one what I was trying to say, was I would of paid to join this site.

julieb
10-01-09, 22:29
i thik that a small annual or monthly fee would be a great idea. i too found this site by accident when i was at a very low spot in my life and it saved me from going mad im convinced. it like my security blanket and even when im feeling fine i like to pop on most evenings and check what everyone has to say. i will donate no probs xx

june
11-01-09, 14:13
Hi Alexis,
In the great scheme of things- if i had money - yes I would gladly of paid to join:hugs:
But if every one sent what they were happy with I am sure it would get NMP out of the mire:hugs:
Just keep putting out the reminder:blush: 'cos we forget how good you are to us:blush:
Best wishes
June

nomorepanic
11-01-09, 18:52
I just want to say a HUGE thanks to everyone that has donated or bought items from the shop. The response has been fantastic and so far we have raised about £190 which will pay for the hosting fees for Dec/Jan and Feb :yahoo: :yahoo:

I want to thank the following people for their kindness:

lorac
kate
Missy69
ScotsDave
Paddington
tetley
chikung
sunshine-lady
piglet
ladybird64
clickaway
honeybee3939
Dave777
freakedout
julieb
Granny Primark
Sophie
Superturtle

THANKS to you all :bighug1: Granny Primark (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=2202)

Missy69
11-01-09, 19:00
:yesyes: :yesyes: A big Thankyou back at you Nic, you do a great job :yesyes: :yesyes:

honeybee3939
11-01-09, 19:04
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
That is good news Nic!

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
11-01-09, 19:04
Im not realy in the know about chartys but could you register Nomorepanic has a charity with the Charity Commision UK? You are offering a public service which is one good reason why Nomorepanic could be registered, also been a charity you would be exempt from paying any VAT on costs and claim vat back on goods you have purchased for the shop and also you could apply to the National Lottery funding for help in costs for running the site.

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

Andy

I did think about this before but it involves creating a company and keeping accounts, doing tax returns and having a board of director's and accountants etc and I think it will be a lot of work to do :wacko:

Anyway I would be willing to help but would need more information and you thought on the sites future projection etc.

Abacus

Well NMP will continue to run as it has for the past 7 years - helping people and providing support to those that need it. Not sure what the future holds as I think we have all we need at the moment on here. Open to suggestions though?

honeybee3939
11-01-09, 19:10
Andy

I did think about this before but it involves creating a company and keeping accounts, doing tax returns and having a board of director's and accountants etc and I think it will be a lot of work to do :wacko:

Ohh i didnt realise there was so much involved:ohmy: , Not really worth the hassle is it Nic :ohmy: was worth a mention though.

Another question Nic- i dont mind donating a little monthly is there a way maybe i could pay direct debit straight out of my bank? Other wise i would forget if i had to do it over paypal each month.
Andrea
xxxx

lorac
11-01-09, 19:42
You are very welcome Nic and thank you for all that you do for the site.

Carol xx

samc100
12-01-09, 10:52
Thanks for the PM about this Nicola.

I have sent a small contribution and if you PM me your address I will send you some stamps.

I know I am very guilty at not even thinking about the financial costs of running a site like this so I think it would be a good idea if every 3 months you sent us all a PM to remind us how this site runs and that it needs a little contribution from the users to keep it going. I know I have certainly had my monies worth out of you!

And if you hadn't of PM'd me I'd still think it ran on fresh air!

Thanks for your hard work and give Alex a pat on the back too.

Pudding
12-01-09, 13:34
Hi Nic, I don't think we've had contact before but I must agree with what everyone else says. You do a terrific job and if I hadn't found this site when I did I don't know where I'd have been now. I'm sending a donation too and am happy to do so on a regular basis. THANK YOU!

Fran

daniel_ploss
12-01-09, 16:19
i would help you if i would but i really can not my family is going through a finantial crisis at the moment so i am really sorry that i can nt help the people who have helped me so much

Ozpanic
13-01-09, 07:30
What about moving to a free site like Aimoo? just a suggestion i think you have a great site here, perhaps go check out the Aimoo boards OZ

http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002020D.gif (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=10)

(http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=12)

monty
13-01-09, 12:29
:bighug1:

Thanks for all your hard work Nic, and everyone who contribute to the site.

I've made a donation through PayPal because I don't know what I would've done without this site and I want to be certain it will still be here for ay future hurdles!

How about asking for small yearly fee to be a member? I for one would be happy to do that and it's less of a worry that a monthly direct debit. Just an idea!

Lucy -x-

Gregor
14-01-09, 03:36
Hi Nic,

I have just made the smallest of donations. Unfortunately that is all i have right now. When i have more, i will donate more. I am myself desperately in need of money to return to the UK, but i recognise the importance of this website and the amazing work that you do, so any help i can give i am willing to do so. I don't mind saying this, but NMP really did save my life a few years ago.

I understand the costs of web hosting, etc. I don't know the whole ins and outs of your requirements, but i have a hosting account with a company and they allow me unlimited webspace and bandwidth - i could have put it on my hosting for nothing extra (i don't know if there's more to it than just that - i've never used vBulletin before). If that is an option, i would be more than willing to help you in that way.

All the best,

Gregor

Granny Primark
14-01-09, 17:57
Its very rare we get anything for free.
This site has been my saviour over the last few years.
We dont appreciate what weve had until weve lost it.
I would hate to lose this site.

FroggyPrince
15-01-09, 19:32
Hi Nic,

Please send me your details and I'll be more than happy to post a cheque.

Paul (Froggy)

weeble40
17-01-09, 00:40
ill be more than willing to donate and at a push could prob get us some sponsers, it wouldnt be huge amount but would help towards running costs, anything i can do to help plz let me know, I cant ever begin to repay what NMP has done for me,

Emma xxx

nomorepanic
19-01-09, 19:34
I have sent a small contribution and if you PM me your address I will send you some stamps.

Thanks Sam - have PM'd you.

What about moving to a free site like Aimoo? just a suggestion i think you have a great site here, perhaps go check out the Aimoo boards OZ

I understand the costs of web hosting, etc. I don't know the whole ins and outs of your requirements, but i have a hosting account with a company and they allow me unlimited webspace and bandwidth - i could have put it on my hosting for nothing extra (i don't know if there's more to it than just that - i've never used vBulletin before). If that is an option, i would be more than willing to help you in that way.
Gregor

Thanks for the suggestions. We do need full access to the server so we can actually get on and write scripts on it to do various things. Most of the free hosting companies would not give you this access I am afraid.

Please send me your details and I'll be more than happy to post a cheque.

Paul (Froggy)

Have PM'd you Paul.

nomorepanic
19-01-09, 19:35
ill be more than willing to donate and at a push could prob get us some sponsers, it wouldnt be huge amount but would help towards running costs, anything i can do to help plz let me know, I cant ever begin to repay what NMP has done for me,

Emma xxx

That would be great Emma if you have any ideas.

nomorepanic
19-01-09, 19:38
Thank You to the following members for their donations.

It is very much appreciated :bighug1:

Yvonne
Vickid
Trapped
Tina A
samc100
Pudding
monty
memyself
london
Gregor
Dee01
bumbles
ade
Veronica H

JohnBliss
20-01-09, 19:01
Hi Nic
I've made a donation to help you keep up the good work
Thankyou
John

kittykat
30-01-09, 08:21
Hiya Nic,

Am sending a donation today, this site has been a godsend and still is and i'd like to help in any way, will make a donation every month just wish i could contribute more.

shirley xx

nomorepanic
02-02-09, 21:48
Thanks to the following members for their recent donations. :yesyes:

It is very much appreciated and you are all very kind. :hugs:

Thanks

Andy111
bluesparkle
bumbles
Dusty
JohnBliss
kittykat
mandie
pooh
soulboydk
Starsky
suzy-sue
mmac43
Dominic1975
Missy69
Mojo
Bottleblond
sunshine-lady
sunshine-lady

Paddington
03-02-09, 10:44
Oh isnt it lovely to see everyone pulling together..Like being part of a huge family:hugs:Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
15-02-09, 13:42
Thanks to the following members for their very kind donations recently::yahoo:

June
Crazylady
Pink Daisey
Cookie
Honeybee3939
Jack00
Mandie
Philukxp
Ruthie1973
Cuddles
Lushkat

Sorry if I missed anyone that has purchased items from the shop but I could not work out your forum name so if you let me know I will add you to the list.

Thanks so much again everyone :bighug1:

Vanilla Sky
15-02-09, 13:52
E mail me your address to send a cheque to,and id like to buy a few books love paige x

nomorepanic
21-02-09, 14:57
Many thanks for the recent donations to:

philukxp
jocutts
clair7
sunshine-lady
Rachel_N
mick_uk

Cheers all :yesyes:

smiley
22-02-09, 07:41
Hi Nic
Wanted to say to u guys that this place has been my support for only a few months but my recovery has been much quicker since finding u, i am returning to work on Monday 23rd Feb and without u guys i wouldnt have been able to do this im sure.As a token of my appreciation please send me an address as i want to pay your half of the running costs for the next three months and after that i will continue to donate on a monthly basis if u could pm me an address to send the cheque to i would appreciate it

nomorepanic
22-02-09, 14:54
Aww thanks Heidi - very kind of you and pleased to hear you are doing so well.

I will PM my address

peoplelikeus
09-07-09, 10:07
I think a yearly fee should be charged which would pay some your costs and to top that up try to get funding from voluntary services organisations or even large companies who regularly give to good causes. Try the lottery even. I have received funding in the past from all sorts of places and companies. They like to feel they are helping the community.

Just a suggestion.