PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kevin in the UK

Kevin61
10-01-09, 00:39
I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forums.
My name is Kevin and i am 47 yrs old.
I am diagonosied with anxiety, which i have suffered with since a teen.
I am not taking medication although i am suppose too as i am kind of scared of any after affects.

Patty
10-01-09, 01:19
Hi Kevin, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I was also afraid to take medication when I first took panic attacks & anxiety 9 years ago. Then I thought I'd give it a try. Ended up taking it for a number of months. The way I felt with the medication was that it 'numbed' the anxiety a bit. I haven't been on any since. I also felt 'groggy' for the first week going on it and the same for a week coming off...

I think some people find medication very helpful while others don't really feel that much different.

Best wishes :)

spaced
10-01-09, 11:24
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Cherbear
10-01-09, 12:06
Welcome to NMP Kevin, I hope you find the help you need xx

alias_kev
10-01-09, 14:40
Welcome aboard Kevin. Thought I was imaging things to begin with, as I am also Kevin 47 in the UK. If its not rude to ask where abouts are you?

Oddly I don't meet many Kevins but the first day I was at uni (1980) I sat mostly by chance at a dinner table that had about 5 of us around it! Weird moment...

SharonDerby
10-01-09, 14:56
Hi Kevin and welcome.
I know where your coming from with the meds and not taking any because of any side effects i am exactly the same.
It's great to meet you and hope we can all support you and you us.

Sharon :)

sunshine-lady
10-01-09, 15:01
:welcome: to NMP Kevin
I am sure you will like it here as there is so much, help, support and information - you never feel along with your anxiety here as you are amounst friends who understand.

Chat is a great place to meet new friends xxx

suzy-sue
10-01-09, 20:37
WELCOME KEV,THERES PLENTY OF PEOPLE HERE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH.I FELT THE SAME ABOUT MEDICATION BUT I WENT INTO MELT DOWN AND COULDNT COPE AT ALL IN SEPT.ITS TAKEN ME SINCE THEN TO GET MY DOSE RIGHT ,BUT I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW& MY ANXIETY HAS PRACTICALLY GONE,:yesyes: .ITS WORTH ATRY TAKING YOUR MEDICATION,IT HELPS ALOT OF PEOPLE COPE BETTER.GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO.SUZY :hugs:

Kevin61
12-01-09, 05:56
Welcome aboard Kevin. Thought I was imaging things to begin with, as I am also Kevin 47 in the UK. If its not rude to ask where abouts are you?

Oddly I don't meet many Kevins but the first day I was at uni (1980) I sat mostly by chance at a dinner table that had about 5 of us around it! Weird moment...

Hello Kev 2 lol i am from Merseyside, only joined on here few days ago, very friendly people.
Take care

Kevin61
12-01-09, 05:57
Thank you all for the friendly intro's, such nice people, i found some very useful information on and friendly advices.

panicagain
12-01-09, 06:02
:welcome: welcome kevin! Glad to meet ya! Hope you love it here as much as i do:yesyes:

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:39
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

ThreeBee23
14-01-09, 06:58
Welcome. If you are able to cope with your anxiety then hats off to ya' and keep doing whatever it is you are doing! :) I have had anxiety since I was a small child, but never really knew what it was until recently.

Dominic1975
14-01-09, 07:05
welcome to nmp..... im sure you will find the forum and site a great health

andie73
14-01-09, 08:54
:welcome: to NMP. This site has really helped me learn about and deal with my anxiety and panic attacks and I'm sure you will find it so helpful.

Clara
14-01-09, 15:58
Hi Kev
I have very recently joined the site. I take a small dose of Atenolol each day (25mg). I have always felt I have too much 'adrenaline' running through me and the Atenolol damps the adrenaline response and I feel much better on it than I did before. I was scared to take any other meds for anxiety but the Atenolol has been fine and also helps to keep my stress induced blood pressure down to normal levels. xx Clara

satjason
14-01-09, 19:12
hi kevin

im jason, same age!

very good site helping me know im not the only one kevin and also now someone the same age as me!

all the best