PDA

View Full Version : sharon

bushar5@aol.com
10-01-09, 13:06
hi its me again, i joined this website bout 4 days ago suffering with panic attacks and depression. ive been on citalopram since 4 days b4 xams and also sarted beta blockers couple weeks ago. i just want to know if i expect to much to soon, my stomach is constanly churing and i get feelings where u just think im gona lose it and crack up which is really frightening!! i feel like these feelings r there constantly and i try to get up and do something to distract myself but thats easier said than dun. my dad is manic depressive and also suffered panic attacks when he was younger. i know i will get thru this cause ive been thru it b4 but its so hard to tell yaself that, you just want it to go away now. does anyone else have the feelings 24/7 and can sumone tell me it will go away xxxxxxxxxx

sunshine-lady
10-01-09, 13:50
Hi Bushar, and :welcome:

I haven't taken Citalpram ,myself but there is a medication section on the forum about different meds. I am sure that you wil find some information there.

I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Veronica H
10-01-09, 15:32
:welcome: Sharon, glad you have found us. You are on the same meds as me although I am on a very low dose now. Yes, this will get better.
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. You will find comfort and support here.
Veronica

Patty
10-01-09, 15:59
Hi Sharon, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

MollyBunn
10-01-09, 20:59
Sharon I have been on Citalopram for 4 months now..and for the first three months I had side effects which included nausea, panic, despair, sleeplessness, shortness of breath... totally emotionless..I could go on ad infinitum....I thought it would never work for me...but then 4 weeks ago..as if by magic.. I woke one morning and 'God was in his heaven and all was well with the world...' At first I didn't believe it because I felt sure it would come back but 4 weeks on and I still feel like my old self. In fact i can't remember what the horrible feelings felt like..though I know i had them.
So stick with it..they do work!!:yesyes:

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:48
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx