PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

pink_candy04
10-01-09, 17:20
Hi everyone, my name is Gayle and i live in Worthing in West Sussex. I have battled against mysel since the age of 12 (im now 20!) Always been very alone, hard to explain to people what is going on in my head when im not even sure myself! I have been on Citalopram for the last 6 months. I suffer with very bad moods, docs think it is manic depression but nothing confirmed!
Find it reassuring that there is someone out there that might have the same things problems as me and maybe someone to turn to :)

Well thats me, will be reading through the forums for a while so if anyone wants to talk im about.

Loadsa love
Gayle xx

bushar5@aol.com
10-01-09, 17:27
hi gayle, i just started citlaporam just b4 xmas and r waiting for them to work, the hardest thing to deal with r the horrible thoughts that r with me all the time!!!! has citalopram worked 4 u xxxx

lorac
10-01-09, 17:29
Hi Gayle

Welcome to the site I think you will find lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

pink_candy04
10-01-09, 17:32
It has been a life saver for me, only thing i have noticed is never run out! the withdrawal is the worse thing ive ever had, i cant drive anywhere, i get really bad panic attacks and feel emotionally dead at times which doesnt help seeing as im in a great relationship but when i dont have a tablet im like a different person!
You on them for panic attacks?
I found for the first few weeks i took them, i felt spacey after taking one but that does go away :D
xxxx

Patty
10-01-09, 17:39
Hi Gayle, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

Deepest Blue
10-01-09, 17:46
Hey ya Gayle, welcome to the forum :) I tried the meds you are on but had to stop after a couple of weeks because they made me too drowsy and couldn't concentrate at work. I am not on anything at all and haven't been for a while, I wished something worked for me.

Take Care.

peter_griffen
10-01-09, 18:04
Hey Galye. My "problems" started when i was 14 (now im 23), a loss of my grandad, mum becoming ill, a new school year, and generally growing up was too much in such a short space of time. You are not alone with this, so it is reassuring to know. Most of the folks on here (including me) are a friendly bunch, so you can get handy hints and tips which could help.
I never been on medication, (only once i had diazepam for a dental appointment) so im unable to comment on how medication could help, although personally im trying to overcome my problems without it.

pink_candy04
10-01-09, 18:10
Your doing well without it, my partner wishes i could do it without pills. He sees it as hes not enough to keep me happy and on track. Are most people on here from the uk?
G
xxx

Deepest Blue
10-01-09, 18:12
Hey ya again, I've been posting for a couple of days now and it appears that it's a good mixed amount of people around the continent but also a good number of uk'ers too, so really it's a very good mix indeed.

pink_candy04
10-01-09, 18:25
O thats good then :-)
xxx

sunshine-lady
11-01-09, 13:45
Hi Gayle and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:46
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx