PDA

View Full Version : Panic Back After Doing So Well

mandie
10-01-09, 18:04
Hi

I was signed off work in May due to anxiety and panic. I was going through hard time at work due to my manager giving me a hard time.

My dad has been in hospital since July with cancer, my 2 yr relationship finished in august.

Iv been having lot of trouble with sorting out any extra help with money, and also my landlord is not sorting out a problem i have with damp in my daughters bedroom.

I have actually coped quite well, i think being off work has helped considerably.

For the past few months i have been able to go into supermarkets without having a panic attack and have been out and about almost panic free.

Today I was in the hospital with my dad and all of a sudden i just felt really anxious and panicky. I thought i was gonna have a panic attack. i felt so spaced out like everything around me wasnt real.

Ever since Iv felt on edge and anxious.

I wish i knew why its suddenly come back, i feel scared im gonna go back to how i was before.

I do have a lot off issues that im having trouble getting sorted so maybe thats why.

I dont no why im posting, everyone has a bad day and should just forget it and move on, but i feel so down today.

I am on meds and i do see a counsellor.

Iv had anxiety for about 5 years but not as bad as this past year

love mandie x

joannaokeefe
10-01-09, 18:45
Hi Mandie,

I have just come back to this site after not using it for a very long time. I have had panics from the age of 5yrs and im now 42yrs, it is genetic as my daughter and grandma and cousins all suffer too. I am a paramedic of 12 years and had 2 yrs of panic losing 3 stone from not eating. If you accept that it can come and go then it is not so distressing and deep breathing and holding your breath is the key. Meds dont work for me as the side effects can be nausea and Im already scared of food. Dont be scared, just face the panic and talk out loud and tell it to come on, you cant make it come on, but it gets you if you try to avoid it. Menstruation is a bad time as hormones are everywhere, try and keep a diary and see if theres a pattern. Camomile tea is great too and safe. I spend my life making others feel better, but there is no one to take away my pain either. Be positive, this site is great and we're all here for eachother.

Take care.
Jo:)

mandie
10-01-09, 21:20
Hi Jo

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to hear u been suffering from so young.

I sometimes think my meds make me worse as the side effects are similar to the anx itself.

I do feel bit better now, maybe seeing my dad again made me panic, i hadnt seen him for 5 days as i had a cold

love mandie x

bel25
10-01-09, 22:26
Hiya Mandie
I know what you're going through. I started getting PA about 2 years ago and it took me about 2 months to recover and since then i've been fine (started going to the gym 3 times a week which really helped), until November. I was doing too much work and it was all too much (without me realising it) so when i suddenly had no work to do the PA came back but the symptoms were different to the first time so i had to go through the whole recovery process all over again. What has worked for me is trying to ignore it completely- think about or do whatever you were doing before it happened and you'll forget about it. Or if you're finding your PA is more advanced maybe try ringing a friend for a chat (don't talk about anxiety) and you'll focus more on what you're talking about. Also, have you tried therapy or CBT? Coz they can suggest breathing techniques, give you strategies on how to cope etc. Also, the hardest thing which helps is to try and tell yourself that there is nothing wrong with you.
take care :-)
xxx

ley
10-01-09, 22:54
im new here so dont know if im in the right place. i suffer from depression and panic attacks. I been managing ok on them for a while but they come back with a vengeance 2 months ago. i was really bad so i phoned out of hours doc in early hours of the morning just over 2wks ago who put me on mirtazapine 15mg. they dont make me sleep at night but make me drowsy all day, i still get anxiety on them little bits some times then a really bad case of it at least once a day. but today i had dizzines which i have been getting before, but my limbs went really heavy including my neck which was scary. anybody been thru this? also tremors