PDA

View Full Version : Constant thudding

philfunuk
10-01-09, 19:32
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum so I apologise if I am going over old ground. I have just been signed off work for a couple of weeks for teh first time with what I see as Generalized Anxiety Disorder because I seem to be in a constant state of panic for no reason! I do not feel depressed because I have a good life of which I am thankful for, but i have no idea why I get anxiety...its really frustrating as I have gone through this before. I have terrible trouble sleeping if things get on top of me and by the third or fourth night of not having decent sleep I get myself in a vicious circle and start panicking. I have been given Amitriptiline which at the moment are not working as I know they take a little while. I suppose I am just venting my frustration on this forum and hope someone can give me some advice on how to cope with it.

Phil

Yvonne
10-01-09, 20:39
Hi Phil

Give the amitriptylene time to work it'll take a couple of weeks to get into the system.

There's something troubling y ou in your subconscious I reckon even if you are not depressed - you don't have to be depressed, but there is something playing on your mind. Or, have you had stress during the last six months? Anxiety normally shows itself months after a traumatic event or series of stressors.

Take care

philfunuk
11-01-09, 09:20
Thanks Yvonne, I know I will have to give the meds a little time to work but I am so tired and doing everything to try and boost my serotonin levels but nothing is working at the moment.