PDA

View Full Version : i need help :(

hayles01
11-01-09, 14:26
hi all im new on here and just so terrified :(.
ive suffered with HA for about 8 years now (since i was 17ish) and i always think theres something wrong with me. im scared to take any type of tablets not even paracetemol! i take citalpram 10ml, and im suprised i started taking these 4 years ago but even now i only take them every couple of days because i hate the way they make me feel.
anyway i went to the dentist on friday and he said i have a bad gum infection and prescribed me metronidazole (strong antibiotics) and im absolutely petrified to take them! evertime i think yes im going to take them something stops me and i just cant bring myself to do it! im driving my partner crazy but he just doesnt understand this HA stuff. i dont know what to do i feel so alone and that no one can help me, do you think i should take them or do you think i should ask for something else when i go back to the dentist 2moro?? anyone had any experiences with these strong antibiotics??
im started to get real angry with myself for being like this:mad:
any replys appreciated, thanx :D

lorac
11-01-09, 14:39
Hi Hayles

Welcome to the site. I know what you are going through with the HA, it is horrible I have been the same as you but now coming out of it. Please give the antibiotics a try, if after you have tried them you don't feel you can take them go back to the dentist and explain you have a problem taking tablets. I have never had any side effects from antibiotics so hopefully you will be the same. Please try them because you need to get rid of the gum infection.

Wishing you luck.

Carol

AnnieMags
11-01-09, 14:43
Dear Hayles01, I know how you feel and you have come to the right place for help and advice. As for your antibiotics, please do take them - you don't want your gum infection to take hold and get worse - these antibiotics will zap it and then you can forget about it. I have taken this antibiotic in the past and been fine - there is no need to be frightened of it. One warning though - do not drink any alcohol AT ALL while you are on it or for a couple of days afterwards, or it will make you feel very ill indeed. Start taking them as prescirbed and soon your infection will be gone. Best wishes to you from Annie

Trixie
11-01-09, 15:43
hi all im new on here and just so terrified :(.
ive suffered with HA for about 8 years now (since i was 17ish) and i always think theres something wrong with me. im scared to take any type of tablets not even paracetemol! i take citalpram 10ml, and im suprised i started taking these 4 years ago but even now i only take them every couple of days because i hate the way they make me feel.
anyway i went to the dentist on friday and he said i have a bad gum infection and prescribed me metronidazole (strong antibiotics) and im absolutely petrified to take them! evertime i think yes im going to take them something stops me and i just cant bring myself to do it! im driving my partner crazy but he just doesnt understand this HA stuff. i dont know what to do i feel so alone and that no one can help me, do you think i should take them or do you think i should ask for something else when i go back to the dentist 2moro?? anyone had any experiences with these strong antibiotics??
im started to get real angry with myself for being like this:mad:
any replys appreciated, thanx :D

I have to keep Metronidazole on standby at home because I get reoccurring bouts of diverticulitis (I have been admitted to hospital as an emergency with it.)

The tablets are perfectly safe and as soon as I get a severe pain in my left groin I know I have to take them before the infection takes hold. I have taken many doses of them with no problems.

Your infection will NOT get better if you don't take the antibiotics so take them NOW!!! :D

hayles01
11-01-09, 15:45
thanks so much for replying :) well i just took my first one, and was actually crying whilst taking it i might add :weep: and then went for a cuddle off my mum (sad at 25 i know but she makes me feel better :) ) im ok at the mo and just want to get it over and done with, i hate being like this but im glad i found this site of people who go through the same thing, thanx :D

lorac
11-01-09, 15:49
Well done Hayles be proud of yourself you just made a good step forward.

Carol x

Trixie
11-01-09, 17:25
thanks so much for replying :) well i just took my first one, and was actually crying whilst taking it i might add :weep: and then went for a cuddle off my mum (sad at 25 i know but she makes me feel better :) ) im ok at the mo and just want to get it over and done with, i hate being like this but im glad i found this site of people who go through the same thing, thanx :D

Keep taking them and they will get rid of the infection. You will be OK.:yesyes:

Jan63
11-01-09, 18:56
I was on them for a dental infection once and also had them last September along with penicillin for Helicobactor P. I had to take 5 antibiotics a day - two Metronidazole and three penicillin and I was absolutely fine so please don't worry about taking them - I had no side effects either.:hugs: Just don't drink any alcohol though or else they can make you violently sick.