PDA

View Full Version : Wishing for a cure for these palps

ladyvladislas
11-01-09, 20:03
Hey, I'm new to this site but I stumbled across it when I googled "palps after eating" and joined. It is not just after eating, its something that has gone on for a good couple of years now and I just wanna know if ANYONE on here gets the same.

I had a baby 2 yrs back and after I had him I got an infection, when the dr told me the name of the infection and I stupidly looked it up on the web and scared myself. WIsh I hadn't now because IF this is anxiety, it was him telling me the type of infection it was that triggered the ruining of my life.

When you call your gp for the results to a swab "down below" and they should say "Yeah its a little infection I'll sort you some antibiotics and it'll be ok" but they dont, what that actually say in a serious voice "You have group c beta heymolytic streptococcus" and you google it!!! That triggered the worst health anxiety ever.

it elevated from that to rashes, palpitations the lot!

I now suffer from a continually elevated heart rate and high bp which is being medicated with beta blockers, I also have a hormone imbalance which makes it worse, causing hot flushes etc...

I can put up with most of the symptoms but the palps and elevated heart rate I fear it daily. I want it curing and don't know how because sometimes despite the beta blockers my heart goes mad! When I have the hot flushes I get terrible SVT (supraventricular tachycardia). Panic attacks also do the same to me and they render me on the floor then whisked off to hospital. The staff there, I am sure, think I am a nutcase.

I wish it was all just anxiety. All my blood tests etc... have been perfect. My ECGs fine, I had an echo cardiogram it was fine, they said it was anxiety.

CAN ANXIETY DO THIS? Can it make your heart rate and blood pressure always high? It is like I am in constant fight or flight mode. I am jumpy, irritable, I have mood swings, all sorts. I used to be very relaxed, but now I am a mess and talking about it sets it off, so counselling did not work. They tried SSRI's and my body didn't take kindly to them either so I am looking at poss Hypnotherapy or Herbal Remedies.

But I just would love to know if anyone else knows what I am going through with the heart rate. It is CONSTANTLY elevated without the beta blocker, and races with hot flushes and panic attacks. I have mainly health anxiety, and generalised anxiety and stress about other things. I just wish I could find answers.

House fan
12-01-09, 09:11
I've sent you a PM.

House.