PDA

View Full Version : Meeting at work tomorow

kenboon
11-01-09, 20:05
I'v got an appeal hearing tomorrow about my dismissal at work. I'm dreading it and in turn my anxiety levels are sky high. I'v got really bad heart palps and numbness in left arm and earlier i was very close to a PA. I will have someone from wellfare rights with me at the hearing at work, so i will have some support and on my side. But i'm feeling so ill at the moment :weep: The fear is really overwhelming me again. I'm trying so hard not to take a step back with this illness but i feel its starting to fight back and i'm scared.

Any advice on how i can get through this would help alot.

Thanks

Ken

ladybird64
11-01-09, 20:22
Hi. :)

I'm probably not the best person to answer as I'm going through a bit of a rough time myself at the moment but just wanted to offer you support.
It's only natural that you will be feeling so scared at the moment, but with us "panickers" our normal reactions are multiplied X 10! (or even more..:scared15: )
You have done brilliantly to deal with this situation and get the outside support that you needed and I'm sure you will get through the appeal tomorrow.
As you say, you have someone from welfare rights with you and they are going to battle your corner, you may feel like a jelly inside but you'll be ok.
Just remember that you are a decent person who tried to do your job under difficult circumstances and they are in the wrong, I would hazard a guess that your employers are feeling pretty worried too!
Please let us know how it goes..good luck :)

Anxious_gal
11-01-09, 20:35
only advice I have is take a sedative, Thats the only thing I know of that would take the edge of off for me.
get up really early so you have time to get ready.
maybe prepare what you will need to say too.
good luck x x

freakedout
12-01-09, 14:20
Hi Ken,

I would take a diazepam if it were me too. A meeting is a situation I dread big style so I can appreciate why you are so nervous.

It may help to write anything down that you want to discuss or ask. You will have something to look at then, and focus on.

Take some long deep breaths before you go into the meeting and ask for some water to sip at in case you get dry mouth syndrome! It may help if you tell them you are feeling very nervous and might need to leave the room for a few minutes, if things get too much you can always make your excuses and compose yourself outside then go back in and face them.

Please don't feel intimidated, you are doing the right thing, fighting for what is right and what you deserve. All the best of luck with it and please let us know how it goes.

Freaky

kenboon
12-01-09, 15:22
Just got back. It was very hard in there for me but not as bad as i thought. My represetative did alot of the talking on my behalf. They are going to review it and get back to me within 7 days. But they did say that if i do go back they will more than likely make me redundant after 2 weeks :mad: . I was really looking for some closure after today, but by all acounts it looks like i will have to wait.

Thanks so much for the replies and the support :)

Ken

Nechtan
12-01-09, 17:54
Well done Ken. :yesyes:

Although the outcome was not as you wanted you done really well getting through it- to be honest I'd have run a mile. I hope it all works out for the best and will be watching to see what the outcome is. Fingers crossed.

All the best

Nechtan