PDA

View Full Version : Flashbacks

suzuki
05-07-05, 08:11
Feeling fed up of waking fed up and going to bed fed up. Just can't get away from this "anxiety" thing as they call it. The hardest bit to deal with is blasts from the past say from the age of 8 to 14 coming out of nowhere. I'm now 42 so don't understand. Am i dreaming awake? or something. The fashbacks r so random of visits to places or a house we lived in . None of it makes sense. Please help me. Thankyou

Donna
05-07-05, 15:18
Hello,

Im sorry things are hard for you right now. I suffer with flashbacks. When they first started i was also very confused and couldnt understand what was going on. What helped me was to talk to someone i could trust, in my case, it ended up being a counsellor, and talk it through, which helped me understand what was going on.

I hope you are ok
Take care
Donna x

Meg
05-07-05, 15:57
Suzuki

Often flashbacks are our innards trying to tell us something - especially when they're non PTSD ones.

Keep a journal of them and then just write whatever else comes from the pen or go and talk them through with someone who doesn't know you very well

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...