PDA

View Full Version : new here

clairelou
11-01-09, 23:16
hi im claire and found this forum by accident , but feel better already just knowing im not on my own in the world. been suffering with acute anxiety for a few years now according to my doc anyway. i never been convinced to be truthful alwys thinking im suffering from some undetected illness or something . but looking at my symptoms and stuff i kind of thinking maybe she right. Especially with the detached feeling , getting this really regular now , tried to explain it to lots of people but think they think im loosing the plot . even my doc looks at me funny. its kind of a spaced out feeling and its getting to the point where it happening every day especially when im at work or out which is just awful. feel terrible for anybody else that suffers with this , but so glad i not on my own , ive been looking on net for tumors and all sorts . a lot of my friends and relatives tell me to sort myself out and just stop thinking about it , but they dont understand it much easier said than done. i tried some hypnotherapy but didnt really help , maybe she not very good though was actally more like counciling not much hpyno going on .

:winks:

Dominic1975
11-01-09, 23:33
welcome nmp....... you will find lots of support snd information on here

carla7777
11-01-09, 23:56
Hi Claire! I'm glad to hear you're in the same boat as me with the 'detached' -i call it 'not with it' moments you experience... I also have these and can only say that it's like being in your own bubble.. when i have them, i can function physically but not mentally... I too seem to be having them more often for some reason just lately and they can last for a few minutes to all day.. When i have seen a counsellor in the past, she explained that they are a way of your body shutting out the anxiety when it reaches a peak and is completely harmless - although i am absolutely afraid of it at the time, it does pass... :) Good luck, Carla x

Patty
12-01-09, 01:13
Hi Clairelou, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I can so relate to the feelings you describe of depersonalisation/derealisation. I have found it such a relief to find out that this is all down to anxiety and can't harm you. I have found NMP so helpful as other people here can really understand how you feel.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

spaced
12-01-09, 03:33
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:35
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx